Are gratuities now included for all Suite classes?

I'm not sure if this is a promotion or a change in Star class benefits but gratuities are now showing as included for all suite cabins on Oasis class.

I thought that was a benefit from the beginning of Star Class Ken.

Sorry, I screwed up my terminology. Gratuities are now showing as included for all Suite classes (Star, Sky and Sea)

I just think that is the current promo going on. I think it started about a week ago. I imagine Sea and Sky will lose the gratuities once the promo ends.

I just think that is the current promo going on. I think it started about a week ago. I imagine Sea and Sky will lose the gratuities once the promo ends.

Thanks Bob.

I didn't see any reference to that promo on the website.

You would think that they would advertise that as an incentive to get people to book or maybe move up from a balcony instead of just giving the gratuities away to those that were going to book a suite anyway. Oh well, they probably just upped the price of the cruise to cover the cost of the "free" gratuities.

Thanks Bob.

I didn't see any reference to that promo on the website.

You would think that they would advertise that as an incentive to get people to book or maybe move up from a balcony instead of just giving the gratuities away to those that were going to book a suite anyway. Oh well, they probably just upped the price of the cruise to cover the cost of the "free" gratuities.

Ellen posted this:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/17058486_SuitePromo_Consumer.pdf

As you said, I've not seen it on the main website.

To my fellow cruisers

Just came across this post today. Had made our final payment last week for a JS on Allure in Dec and so called the C&A desk on the off chance they would honor.

They applied the free Gratutities. Wow indeed

Now to begin with we had got a great deal on a W Guarantee. JS or higher. Got assigned a JS which we were happy with but not the deck. So called Friday still quiet a few available and of course no problem to switch to Deck 8, our fav on this class of ship.

Feeling the love !!!!

Thank you all and of course Cruise Critic. :cool:;p

Includes Junior Suites, but only those on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Is there something in writing about JS being included? I just paid today to upgrade from D1 to W guarantee and hoping my booking is now eligible once I get my 11/11 Anthem cabin assignment.

Is there something in writing about JS being included? I just paid today to upgrade from D1 to W guarantee and hoping my booking is now eligible once I get my 11/11 Anthem cabin assignment.

A JS is Sea Class on Anthem::

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/17058486_SuitePromo_Consumer.pdf

We are currently booked in a JS on Symphony, sailing in April 2019. IIRC, we moved into the JS just before the non refundable deposit took effect. The price has increased by about $1000.00 since we booked.

If I call to try and get the free gratuities added, and maybe the $100.00 OBC also being offered, will this cause my cruise be repriced? I expect a request for the $100.00 OBC would trigger repricing because that is not listed as being offered under the current non refundable deposit offering, but the free grats are listed for both.

I guess I should call and ask, and just not make the change if it will trigger a price increase.

We are currently booked in a JS on Symphony, sailing in April 2019. IIRC, we moved into the JS just before the non refundable deposit took effect. The price has increased by about $1000.00 since we booked.

If I call to try and get the free gratuities added, and maybe the $100.00 OBC also being offered, will this cause my cruise be repriced? I expect a request for the $100.00 OBC would trigger repricing because that is not listed as being offered under the current non refundable deposit offering, but the free grats are listed for both.

I guess I should call and ask, and just not make the change if it will trigger a price increase.

Any new promo that you want will require a re-pricing.

Curious... I originally booked before Sept 1 (not eligible for the free grats promotion), but then called and paid to upgrade to a W-Gty today at today's prices. Since my booking was re-priced at today's rates... I wonder if my booking is now eligible for the free grats promotion?

Also: I got the Friends and Family promotion today... wondering if that's one of the rates valid with the free gratuities offer.

Curious... I originally booked before Sept 1 (not eligible for the free grats promotion), but then called and paid to upgrade to a W-Gty today at today's prices. Since my booking was re-priced at today's rates... I wonder if my booking is now eligible for the free grats promotion?

Also: I got the Friends and Family promotion today... wondering if that's one of the rates valid with the free gratuities offer.

Yes, you should be eligible for the free grats promo if you are on Harmony or a Quantum class ship.

That's what I thought. What got me thinking, though, was that when the "Eat, Drink, Play" promo was announced for Boardwalk balconies on Oasis, that promo was added to our previously existing reservation with no repricing involved even though the price on that cabin had definitely gone up after we booked. When I called to ask about that promo, I was told I didn't even need to call and ask, it was being automatically added to all Boardwalk and Central Park reservations. Everyone on my roll call for that cruise in BW or CP balconies did get that promo added whether they called to request it or not. I may try calling later this week when I can call during the day and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask. I will report back here if I do call, but that won't be until later this week at the earliest.

That's what I thought. What got me thinking, though, was that when the "Eat, Drink, Play" promo was announced for Boardwalk balconies on Oasis, that promo was added to our previously existing reservation with no repricing involved even though the price on that cabin had definitely gone up after we booked. When I called to ask about that promo, I was told I didn't even need to call and ask, it was being automatically added to all Boardwalk and Central Park reservations. Everyone on my roll call for that cruise in BW or CP balconies did get that promo added whether they called to request it or not. I may try calling later this week when I can call during the day and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask. I will report back here if I do call, but that won't be until later this week at the earliest.

The difference is that the Eat, drink, play promotion was a permanent perk added to those cabins with no end date. The free gratuities is a promotion ith set dates that the cruise must be booked between. It's really no different than Royal running a promotion offering OBC.