Just ordered Voom, and have a question

JAMESCC

I just ordered Voom for 2 devices for our cruise on Anthem this week. How does it work, they give you a password I guess? Do they give you the password at the pier or is the info for getting connected in your stateroom? Anyone with info on how exactly Voom works would be great. We also have just soda package for two. I suppose a sticker on the seapass and the special cup right? Thanks for any info.

I just ordered Voom for 2 devices for our cruise on Anthem this week. How does it work, they give you a password I guess? Do they give you the password at the pier or is the info for getting connected in your stateroom? Anyone with info on how exactly Voom works would be great. We also have just soda package for two. I suppose a sticker on the seapass and the special cup right? Thanks for any info.

Your SeaPass card will indicate the soda package, whether by sticker or preprinted. The special cup will be in your stateroom. However, on Anthem, you won't get your SeaPass card until staterooms open. Until staterooms open, you can get a soda at any bar using your SetSail pass.

Don't know for sure how the VOOM package works on Anthem. My guess would be the access code is in your stateroom, but I'm not sure about that.

Your Voom codes will be in your cabin along with your sea pass cards. Your set sail passes, each person in your party has their own, will allow you to get a soda until you get your sea pass and your cup in your cabin.

You will be able to access the Royal IQ app via Royal wifi with or without buying Voom. Download the app now so you have it, it does nothing until you board the ship. Once on board, you can input the required information to activate your account. I would not buy the text feature since you already have Voom and can use that to text.

We normally get the password or code with our set sail pass. So since you do not get your sea pass until you get to your cabin, my guess is it will be in the cabin.

Your SeaPass card will indicate the soda package, whether by sticker or preprinted. The special cup will be in your stateroom. However, on Anthem, you won't get your SeaPass card until staterooms open. Until staterooms open, you can get a soda at any bar using your SetSail pass.

Don't know for sure how the VOOM package works on Anthem. My guess would be the access code is in your stateroom, but I'm not sure about that.

Yes thank you for clearing up the soda thing, because my wife said she read that you don't get the seapass card till you enter your room. I never heard of that before, is that strange, new or only for Anthem? Like we usually, actually always go straight to our stateroom when we board just so we know where it is and to drop off any luggage we carry on. We can't do that on Anthem? You can't go straight to your room or enter right away? Thanks again for the info.

Yes thank you for clearing up the soda thing, because my wife said she read that you don't get the seapass card till you enter your room. I never heard of that before, is that strange, new or only for Anthem? Like we usually, actually always go straight to our stateroom when we board just so we know where it is and to drop off any luggage we carry on. We can't do that on Anthem? You can't go straight to your room or enter right away? Thanks again for the info.

New procedure for all new ships. Currently only on Quantum Class and Harmony now.

You can only go to your stateroom after they are open, usually around 1pm. So if you board after that, you should be able to go right to your stateroom.

Your Voom codes will be in your cabin along with your sea pass cards. Your set sail passes, each person in your party has their own, will allow you to get a soda until you get your sea pass and your cup in your cabin.

You will be able to access the Royal IQ app via Royal wifi with or without buying Voom. Download the app now so you have it, it does nothing until you board the ship. Once on board, you can input the required information to activate your account. I would not buy the text feature since you already have Voom and can use that to text.

Thanks I have that app, have had it for over a year doing nothing as you said it only activates on the ship. Good info thanks. So we can text each other through the Voom app? We can also switch what devices are using Voom correct? Its any two at one time right? Meaning it could be my phone and wife's phone but then switch to my laptop and my son's Kindle? Thanks again. RCCL's website stinks, I looked for this very info but found nothing.

Thanks I have that app, have had it for over a year doing nothing as you said it only activates on the ship. Good info thanks. So we can text each other through the Voom app? We can also switch what devices are using Voom correct? Its any two at one time right? Meaning it could be my phone and wife's phone but then switch to my laptop and my son's Kindle? Thanks again. RCCL's website stinks, I looked for this very info but found nothing.

There is a text feature through the Royal IQ app that is $7.95 per device for the length of the cruise. We have never purchased it but have heard mixed reviews about it. People have posted that it doesn't alert when a text is received, so really what is the point of having it if you have to keep checking if you received something.

As far as texting with Voom, since you have purchased Voom for two devices, you can have any two devices connected at any given time. There is no Voom app, you would just text through iMessage or Whatsapp or whatever you typically use. Once I logged into Voom on my iphone, my phone stayed connected until I manually logged off or we used the code on another device. Logging on with another device did log us off on Anthem, that is not always the case on all ships. I also did not time out on Anthem, my iphone would stay connected overnight with no issues, this is not always the case on other ships. We also used wifi calling with no problems but that depends on your phone and your provider.

I purchased the Voom surf and deluxe drink package, can I use my diamond plus internet credit and upgrade to the surf and stream package for free onboard the ship? Thanks

No, you can only use your D+ credit on a totally new package.

Just off the Anthem. We had the 1 device Voom and soda package. My DH and I shared the Voom. Only one device at a time. Seemed fast compared to previous cruises. The code was in our cabin. The sea pass cards are in the mailbox outside the cabin door. I was able to Imessage at any time. Didn't have to be signed into Voom. As far as the soda package goes, he tried to get a Coke at the pool bar prior to getting to our cabin using his sea pass boarding pass and they charged our acct. Guest services did remove the charge and gave him a sticker for his card. The soda cups work in the Freestyle Coke machines around the ship. Beware it runs out of popular drinks frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Anthem. We had the 1 device Voom and soda package. My DH and I shared the Voom. Only one device at a time. Seemed fast compared to previous cruises. The code was in our cabin. The sea pass cards are in the mailbox outside the cabin door. I was able to Imessage at any time. Didn't have to be signed into Voom. As far as the soda package goes, he tried to get a Coke at the pool bar prior to getting to our cabin using his sea pass boarding pass and they charged our acct. Guest services did remove the charge and gave him a sticker for his card. The soda cups work in the Freestyle Coke machines around the ship. Beware it runs out of popular drinks frequently.

Just to clarify on the iMessaging with being signed into Voom, were you in airplane mode with wifi enabled when you did this? I have heard others being able to do this in the past on Anthem, we probably aren't buying Voom on our upcoming Anthem sailing, so this would be great if it worked.

If you have the soda package, you just need to mention it to the bartender when ordering and they will give you fountain soda. Otherwise, they will give you a can and charge you for it. I had the soda package through my TA but did not have any markings on my Sea Pass card to indicate it, just the Freestyle cups in my room after boarding. Most of the time I didn't even need to present my card, they just asked if I had a drink package.

Just to clarify on the iMessaging with being signed into Voom, were you in airplane mode with wifi enabled when you did this? I have heard others being able to do this in the past on Anthem, we probably aren't buying Voom on our upcoming Anthem sailing, so this would be great if it worked.

I was using my IPad with wifi on, airplane mode not activated, but not signed into Voom. My DH was often surfing on his iPad at the same time using the Voom. Be sure to put the Royal Caribbean app on your device. This was great for keeping up with activities, your calendar and daily acct balances

If you have the soda package, you just need to mention it to the bartender when ordering and they will give you fountain soda. Otherwise, they will give you a can and charge you for it. I had the soda package through my TA but did not have any markings on my Sea Pass card to indicate it, just the Freestyle cups in my room after boarding. Most of the time I didn't even need to present my card, they just asked if I had a drink package.

DH told the bar staff he had a drink package, but it didn't show up on the barcode scan. He got a fountain soda, no can, but they charged $4.35 just the same. No big deal, a trip to guest services fixed it.