Christmas Cruising on Royal

heatherpl

can someone tell me the events and special things they do during christmas week on Royal? Going on Anthem christmas week. I recently received an email from Royal just letting us know their events but didn't give much except a Ugly Christmas Party, Santa coming to the seas. I was wondering what other events there is to do for families and just adults.

We sailed on Anthem last year during Christmas and New Year.

For Christmas and New Year there was a special menu in the dining room. On Christmas Eve, there was Christmas caroling in the Esplande. They handed out song books so you could sing along. Then...they made it "snow" in the Esplanade. It was a lot of fun and very festive. At dinner, and in the Windjammer, all servers wore red Santa hats. Santa was set up in 270, along with a Christmas tree and many elves giving out gifts to the kids. Many little kids came down to see Santa in their footie pajamas. So cute!

We had a great time on the cruise, and Royal did a nice job of celebrating the holiday.

Two years ago on the Liberty, they had a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony, the Captain read the Christmas story, and as others stated Santa came on Christmas morning. All the ports were decorated for Christmas.

We took a small battery operated Christmas tree for our cabin as well as decorated our cabin door with magnetic Christmas decorations. I found some garage door decorations that were magnetic.

I was wondering do they celebrate the whole month of December

I boarded a ship January 3 and the Christmas tree and other decorations were still up and remained up for the trip. No events, just decorations. (Yes I know not December).

New Year's Eve on the Anthem 12/31/16...

There was the usual countdown and HUGE balloon drops in the Esplanade. Free champagne was served, and it flowed freely. Music playing, people dancing, and yes, you were like a sardine in the crowd. But, it was really fun! We retired back to our stateroom before 12:30am, but many were still in full party mode. There was no charge for this event.

Royal did have private parties in less crowded venues such as in 270. Attending these parties would cost you an arm and a leg. The prices went into the thousands! Not necessary in my opinion :eek: