temps on gulf crossing from Tampa to Cozemul

tamster34

Hi all, I've really enjoyed reading all the tips but have a question.

We'll be cruising from Tampa to Cozemul the last week of Feb/first week of March. What can I expect temp wise on the sea days daytime & nighttime?

Thanks in advance!

ask me in December when I make that run....

right now( tornado/severe Storms notwithstanding) we are at mid 70s inland so coastal will be about 10-20 degrees cooler based on wind and stuff.

it can be 'warm' temp wise but the wind speed and direction can make it seem a LOT cooler.

A lot may just depend on the local weather at the time you are there. I was in Tampa over the weekend and the temps were in the 50's (brrrrrr for FL) because of a cold front moving through but they are supposed to be back up highger during the week. I'd say you can go by some 'averages' or 'when we were there' reports from here on the message boards ... but you may also want to keep a check on the weather for Tampa and Cozumel a bit closer to time.

When we cruised form Tampa to Cozumel in December the weather was plenty warm for shorts/t-shirts and being at the pool and on the beach during the day. I needed a light wrap or sweater with my summery dresses in the evenings if we spent much time on deck.

And one comment that stuck with me as far as temps & being sure to have a light jacket or wrap for being on deck, especially at night on the ship .... someone was responding to a person complaining about it being cool and windy ... and said something to the effect of "Well yes, you are on top of a 10 story building ... and it's moving!!!!! you have to expect some wind." LOL

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

A lot may just depend on the local weather at the time you are there. I was in Tampa over the weekend and the temps were in the 50's (brrrrrr for FL) because of a cold front moving through but they are supposed to be back up highger during the week. I'd say you can go by some 'averages' or 'when we were there' reports from here on the message boards ... but you may also want to keep a check on the weather for Tampa and Cozumel a bit closer to time.

When we cruised form Tampa to Cozumel in December the weather was plenty warm for shorts/t-shirts and being at the pool and on the beach during the day. I needed a light wrap or sweater with my summery dresses in the evenings if we spent much time on deck.

And one comment that stuck with me as far as temps & being sure to have a light jacket or wrap for being on deck, especially at night on the ship .... someone was responding to a person complaining about it being cool and windy ... and said something to the effect of "Well yes, you are on top of a 10 story building ... and it's moving!!!!! you have to expect some wind." LOL

our local lows were so cold last week that the homeless shelters were open for 72 straight hours( they typically shut their doors to incoming at 8 pm and kick everyone out at 7 am)

and I always have a wrap(* no wonder they sell pashminas for ten bucks by the caseload) since i find the A/c in some of the public spaces to be set way too low.

• 2 weeks later...