Listen out for the upgrade fairy, Eclipse 3rd Sept....

chemmo

Just been browsing the Eclipse cruise (Western Med) 3rd Sept from Southampton....both PH and two RS are still available, although at prohibitive price.....If I was on that cruise I would be listening out for the phone ringing....If I was presently in a CS or RS I would be phoning X and seeing what they could do for me!

Good luck to all. Wouldn't it be great if someone came back on and said they had managed to secure the PH...

• 2 weeks later...

I put the original post up a week ago to possibly alert anyone on the cruise in a RS, CS or SS. There are still a couple of RS and both PH available...

They are really expensive....I can't see them selling now. If I was on that cruise in a RS, CS or an SS I would be on the phone now to my TA or Celebrity to see what they could do for me. I wouldn't wait for the upgrade fairy to call....nothing to loose by asking! At the very least I would have considered how much extra I was willing to pay for an upgrade just incase the call came.

If you are on that cruise, good luck!

Thank you for the heads up! I am not on this cruise however I believe that sometimes a phone call can help. From my experiences, Celebrity is scared that some bigmouth who scored a Royal for X will be blabbing about their great deal in Michaels club/Luminae.....And someone who paid $$$ will hear and feel they overpaid....Celebrity is quite careful about this from what I understand. That said, Celebrity at this point should be calling up the Royal suites and making deals to fill those top cabins.....enabling people to score a deal and filling their coffers$$$$....Win win. Alas though, whomever makes these Decisions for Celebrity is a mystery to me? They should also be calling up their Elite plus etc and offering them possibilities for $$......My two cents.

Good luck to all! Safe Sails.

Thank you for the heads up! I am not on this cruise however I believe that sometimes a phone call can help. From my experiences, Celebrity is scared that some bigmouth who scored a Royal for X will be blabbing about their great deal in Michaels club/Luminae.....And someone who paid $$$ will hear and feel they overpaid....Celebrity is quite careful about this from what I understand. That said, Celebrity at this point should be calling up the Royal suites and making deals to fill those top cabins.....enabling people to score a deal and filling their coffers$$$$....Win win. Alas though, whomever makes these Decisions for Celebrity is a mystery to me? They should also be calling up their Elite plus etc and offering them possibilities for $$......My two cents.

Good luck to all! Safe Sails.

We are in a RS. on a later cruise...no PH's up for grabs for us!! As you say it would be nice to reward loyal cruisers or maybe someone celebrating a special birthday, golden wedding, honeymoon....

I am sure they do ask guests to be discreet with upsell and upgrade offers. Certainly on CC most happy people report using phrases like 'made me an offer I was happy with..'

Well for anyone on that cruise, once they have upgraded guests to those higher suites there should be opportunities for others to move into into the newly vacated ones....

Before they started the official upsell program for Captains Club members a couple of years ago we had booked a X (balcony GTY). About 4 weeks prior to the cruise they called and offered an upsell to a S2, RS, PS. The RS and PH upgrade amount were more than 1.5 time what we had paid for the X cabin but were still great deals. We ended up taking the RS and loving it. That's the only time we have booked direct with Celebrity and the only time we have been offered and upsell. We are Elite+. If I were on this cruise and I was in a SS or CS and wanted to upgrade I'd call Captains Club and see what they would offer. Never hurts to ask. I believe it's the revenue department that has final say.