Terrorist attack Barcelona, Spain - Las Ramblas

Copper10-8

Sad to report yet another terrorist attack, this time on popular Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain. Those of us who have been to Barcelona via cruise ship, most certainly know Las Ramblas;

Very Sad! Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5543842671001/?#sp=watch-live

We spent an overnight in Barcelona on our Med cruise on Koningsdam in May. Visiting Barcelona was one of the highlights our our cruise. My heart is breaking for the people of Spain. Hugs and prayers to the victims and their families at this tragic time. Barcelona, we will be back!

We stayed in Barcelona for 9 days prior to our last TA, so we contacted the Hotel Curious which is just a few doors off Las Ramblas. They were saddened by the news, but hopeful that nobody staying at their hotel had been involved. Frightening.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We stayed in Barcelona for 9 days prior to our last TA, so we contacted the Hotel Curious which is just a few doors off Las Ramblas. They were saddened by the news, but hopeful that nobody staying at their hotel had been involved. Frightening.

It is just awful and seems no end to t these incidents.

You mean the hotel is just off Las Ramblas and they had not heard of the incident t until you contacted them? How is that possible?:confused:

Any word regardingf any Canadians or Ameicans injured or worse? ,

It is just awful and seems no end to t these incidents.

You mean the hotel is just off Las Ramblas and they had not heard of the incident t until you contacted them? How is that possible?:confused:

Any word regardingf any Canadians or Ameicans injured or worse? ,

No, they were aware of the incident, but did not know if any of their guests were involved.

Unfortunately, CNN has just said that 13 people have died - how terrible.

Sad to report yet another terrorist attack, this time on popular Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain. Those of us who have been to Barcelona via cruise ship, most certainly know Las Ramblas;

We have been there via a cruise and it is sad, our heart felt prayers go out to the families of those killed or injured.

Perfectly said. Barcelona is an incredible city and Las Ramblas is a destination for many of us when visiting. Cherie

Words just can't express the pain!

We were there after another wonderful cruise with HAL and stayed at Grand Marina for 10 days. So love the vibrant city and loved our walks on Las Ramblas! Too sad.

Same with Nice on Promenade Las Anglas.

We were there for 3 weeks prior to our last cruise at an apt. And so sad seeing all the flowers and memorials! That was this past September when we were there and the event was in July!

Tragic on all counts!

😩

Denise :(

Our hearts are so saddened by this once again horrific news... Barcelona is one of our most favorite places to visit and explore - we will be there in about 4 weeks cruising in on the Westerdam!! and we will be staying right on Las Ramblas. Our joy was to share this with our daughter as she has heard us speak so much about it and all of our favorite sites there... we are determined however to not allow this hate-filled event deter us from traveling and doing all of the activities we love!

Perfectly said. Barcelona is an incredible city and Las Ramblas is a destination for many of us when visiting. Cherie

It continues to be so painful to hear of such event.s My DH and I did extensive travel through Spain and really love that country My heart aches for them

Very sad for Barcelona and all the families of the victims.

One of our favourite cities with wonderful people. My heart aches for them.<|3

This is very unusual in Barcelona as the Catalunyan Police have done such a fantastic job catching 100's of terrorists before damage is done.

Prayers for all involved.. we were very excited about Barcelona next year. Our first time. I have heard so much about the beauty and the lovely people. WE... still plan to go despite the hatred of the "OTHERS" You will never win... LOVE defeats hate always ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of our favourite cities with wonderful people. My heart aches for them.<|3

This is very unusual in Barcelona as the Catalunyan Police have done such a fantastic job catching 100's of terrorists before damage is done.

In one news report, I listened to they said the CIA had alerted Spain of info they had picked up regarding Barcelona. Of course, who knows how good t he info, was or what could be done with it.. No place int ghe world is absolute ly safe from such events.

There are two very large rallies in Boston tomorow and many will breathe a sigh of relief when they are 'safely over.

We were in Barcelona on August 2 & 3 prior to our cruise on the Westerdam. We stayed in a hotel on Las Ramblas and I have picture of the street just waking up in the morning. Our transfer was not allowed to drive us to the hotel because the police had closed the street to certain vehicles. There is so many businesses that they cannot shut the street completely because of the need for deliveries which is why the van was effective in getting onto the street. My gut says that they were aware of threats, but some are completely unstoppable while maintaining regular "life."

My heart aches for the people of Spain and it is chilling to think that my wife and I were walking on that same street two weeks prior

My close friend and honourary sister Margaret and her granddaughters Jillian and Brianna are on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas on an Eastern Med cruise which left Barcelona August 17, the day of the terrorist attack. Jill posted a picture on FB of the three of them taken August 17 at 11 AM, overlooking Barcelona. They look happy, relaxed, and seemingly unaware of the terrorist attack. They left on their Cruise safe and unharmed. So very lucky! Thoughts and prayers with the victims who were not so fortunate....

One of our favourite cities with wonderful people. My heart aches for them.

Just heard on CBC that 1 Canadian was killed and 4 others injured in the attack. <|3 What should have been a wonderful vacation turned tragic in an instant. Like you, it is one of our favourite cities which has given us such great memories.