diving Grand Cayman/Equinox

ScubaDo

Hi, Does anyone know which dive company Celebrity Equinox uses in Grand Cayman? When there is a later, shorter port stop I prefer to be safe and use the cruise ship tour, otherwise I generally book my own. Thanks

Thank you for responding. Did you dive with them? How was your experience? We dove with them many years ago several times and I was always disappointed with their service. It was always 30 minute dives.

Thank you for responding. Did you dive with them? How was your experience? We dove with them many years ago several times and I was always disappointed with their service. It was always 30 minute dives.

No, because the cruise reviews were marginal. We dove with Cayman Turtle Divers, they were very accommodating with our arrival time, very responsive, pickup and return to port, newer boats, and limited the number of divers to 6. It was our first time diving in GC and was a windy day which limited dive site choices, not their fault. Their shop is on 7 Mile Beach and they cleaned our gear and hung it to dry for us while we went to the beach for the afternoon - we did have to take a taxi back since they had afternoon dives scheduled (only because we didn't want to go straight back to the ship). Easy and enjoyable day, and very nice to not have our gear to deal with until we were ready to return to port.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We used the ship excursion with Don Fosters and thought they were okay.

I have a couple of videos of the dives.... we had about 15 people on the boat, but broken into two groups, each with a DM. Went well, diving was easy.

robin

I dove with Don Foster's back in 2015. The staff and the equipment were first rate, but I was also limited time as I was there with 3 non-divers. I chose a 1 tank shore dive and the reef that close to the shop was very barren and bleak. I saw others going out on a boat dive.

No, because the cruise reviews were marginal. We dove with Cayman Turtle Divers, they were very accommodating with our arrival time, very responsive, pickup and return to port, newer boats, and limited the number of divers to 6. It was our first time diving in GC and was a windy day which limited dive site choices, not their fault. Their shop is on 7 Mile Beach and they cleaned our gear and hung it to dry for us while we went to the beach for the afternoon - we did have to take a taxi back since they had afternoon dives scheduled (only because we didn't want to go straight back to the ship). Easy and enjoyable day, and very nice to not have our gear to deal with until we were ready to return to port.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I will give them a try.

Cindy