Antarctis and Midnatsol and Snow Shoe Hiking

mannicruise

Hello

I am the verge to book an Antarctis Tour with Midnatsol. The agency handed out additionaltrips as option while the tour. One of is snow shoe hiking which is also visible in some advertising.

I am highly interested for it, but am a little shooked by the price , which should be about 500€ for a tour between 2 and 4 hours, It is said, it has to be booked on the ship. The price is just an orientation.

Question : Is this relly only a single trip (in worst case 2 hours..:loudcry:),

or are there some trips based on the feature booked (for sure, when occassion is fitting).

Thanks for any reply, and feedback of people having already done it ??

• 2 months later...
Hello

I am the verge to book an Antarctis Tour with Midnatsol. The agency handed out additionaltrips as option while the tour. One of is snow shoe hiking which is also visible in some advertising.

I am highly interested for it, but am a little shooked by the price , which should be about 500€ for a tour between 2 and 4 hours, It is said, it has to be booked on the ship. The price is just an orientation.

Question : Is this relly only a single trip (in worst case 2 hours..:loudcry:),

or are there some trips based on the feature booked (for sure, when occassion is fitting).

Thanks for any reply, and feedback of people having already done it ??

On Huritgruten's Fram, these extras were booked on the ship and were only once per person, subject to weather conditions. You wrote your name on a list, so good idea to do it as soon as you get on board. Overnighting on snow was overbooked, so only those on top of list to cut off point got to go. My daughter really enjoyed the kayaking and thought it was well worth the high cost.

In our experience on Fram, snow shoe hiking and camping are priced per 'event', while kayaking is priced for the series. On our most recent trip on Fram the camping was overbooked so places were allocated by lottery.

In our experience on Fram, snow shoe hiking and camping are priced per 'event', while kayaking is priced for the series. On our most recent trip on Fram the camping was overbooked so places were allocated by lottery.

Ours could have been by lottery also. I just remember that all who wanted to camp overnight couldn't. Kayaking was more than once, but passengers only got to kayak once each person. Guess it depends on weather conditions and how many people want to kayak.

Now that Argentina has dropped their reciprocity fee, I told my daughter that was an invitation to visit en route to Antarctica again!