STreetcar to NCL in NOLA?

Firstin87

Hi,

We're sailing on NCL from NOLA in March 2018 and I'm trying to figure out transportation from our hotel to the ship. Does NCL sail from Julia St. or Erata? Looking at the streetcar map, it looks like the Riverfront streetcar line takes you to the pier. Is that correct?

Thank you!

Hi,

We're sailing on NCL from NOLA in March 2018 and I'm trying to figure out transportation from our hotel to the ship. Does NCL sail from Julia St. or Erata? Looking at the streetcar map, it looks like the Riverfront streetcar line takes you to the pier. Is that correct?

Thank you!

NCL uses the Julia Street terminal. Carnival uses the Erato Street terminal. The Riverfront streetcar ends at the Julia street stop. The next stop seen on most maps (John Churchill Chase - which would be closer to the Erato St. Terminal) is not currently in use.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there enough room on the streetcar to bring a large suitcase and a carry on without annoying everyone around you?

Sure, that's not a very busy line plus not many people go all the way down to Julia.

Question on this. My sister and I are staying at the Hilton Riverside - could we catch the streetcar there down to the Julia port? I was thinking of walking but she said no. Thanks!

You would be one stop away (Hilton Riverside is at the Poydras stop / Julia St is the next stop).

The walking distance between the 2 is about 1500 - 1800 feet, or about the length of 5 football fields. Most of the walk is indoors in a shopping mall-like atmosphere if you go via the Riverwalk.

You would be one stop away (Hilton Riverside is at the Poydras stop / Julia St is the next stop).

The walking distance between the 2 is about 1500 - 1800 feet, or about the length of 5 football fields. Most of the walk is indoors in a shopping mall-like atmosphere if you go via the Riverwalk.

Thanks loanshark. That would be a piece of cake walk. Loved going through the mall last time I was there. I have walked from the Drury Inn to the French Quarter and from there to Harrah's and loved it. But my sister - well - this may be an interesting trip to say the least.:confused: