For those thinking of an aft balcony; Privacy

derf5585

Were there any noise issues from the lounge above? We are in a center aft cabin on deck six on the Glory this Fall.

the cabins are locvated over the seating area of that lounge--you wont hear nothing--unless you are early to bed kind of people

• 2 months later...
We have an aft cabin (8430) in August out of NYC to Canada. I am not concerned about people looking at the balcony, I am more concerned about motion sickness. How did you do with that? I have trouble and we had a balcony cabin in the middle on our cruise to Alaska. Had the patch and did fine.

Any comments on this?

You will feel more movement in the aft cabins than you did in your middle cabin, there will be a vibrating shimmy, i tend to feel it more on the larger ships, (i have not idea why)

• 1 year later...
We were hoping to join the club:o

TA sold us on the aft cabins on deck 5 (saying the flag was a huge distraction on deck 4???) Was it an issue for you?

Appears to me from the pics posted that deck 4 has more private dividers and seems to be mostly sheltered from views from above?

methinks the TA is full of it

We are staying in 4232 and 4241 on the Pride in three weeks.... these two cabins are the "Flag Pole" cabins! We were told that the flag only flies while in port.

We had originally booked the two cabins above us on the 5th deck, but switched to the 4th because they are fully covered balconies, as opposed to the open balconies on the 5th.

I will be sure to have pictures and a full report of these two cabins in a few weeks!

Catrin

We had an aft cabin on the Ruby Princess Med cruise last summr and it was fabulous. We have had balcony cabins many times, but have never spent as much time out on the balcony as we did on the Ruby. The view was spectaular, it was quiet and because of the way that Princess is configured aft we had complete privacy. Loved the aft cabin

• 1 month later...
I remember last year we were on the Sensation and when we docked there was another ship beside us. We looked out the window and saw a man in all his glory on his balcony smoking a cigarette. I don't think he cared who saw him because we waved and he waved back. :D

I don't think the aft balconies get all the fun! Last year we were on Conquest and docked next to Triumph in Cozumel. They started to pull out and our exchange student was taking pictures. All of a sudden our ship started hollering and we looked over at the Triumph and a guy had jumped up on his chair and dropped his shorts at us...:eek: Then their ship started hollering and pointing at someone on ours...and then right accross from us a lady lifted her shirt, etc..... I guess that's all part of the balcony buddy club. Members only please....:cool:

We just booked the Deluxe Large Balcony (Verandah Deck) on Carnival Victory. Anyone know if this is one of these AFT balconies in the back?

What's this room like? Bigger? Better?

It's my first cruise!

a cabin number will help.

the rooms across the back of the ship are mostly referred to as aft cabins.

if you go to http://www.webshots.com and type in the search field Carnival Aft cabins-- you will get hundreds of photos

We had an aft cabin on the Ruby Princess Med cruise last summr and it was fabulous. We have had balcony cabins many times, but have never spent as much time out on the balcony as we did on the Ruby. The view was spectaular, it was quiet and because of the way that Princess is configured aft we had complete privacy. Loved the aft cabin

Agree 100%, we had a aft corner wrap on the Emerald Princess, that cabin has spoiled us for any other cabin we have ever had, even a mini-suite. We have an aft CAT 9A booked on the Freedom and I know it will be great, but will not compare with that large table and chairs on a Princess ship, we ate so many meals there.

Brian Orange. We were in an Aft balcony last Oct on the victory. WE were right above one of the night clubs... it was loud. We loved coming back in the afternoon and having "room service" sandwiches and desserts with our connecting rooms (friends). We viewed one of the 9A rooms and absolutely loved it! so this year we have booked the 9A on the Veranda also! Can't wait! The two rooms aft rooms next to it can connect also if you have friends going! Can't wait!

Brian Orange. We were in an Aft balcony last Oct on the victory. WE were right above one of the night clubs... it was loud. We loved coming back in the afternoon and having "room service" sandwiches and desserts with our connecting rooms (friends). We viewed one of the 9A rooms and absolutely loved it! so this year we have booked the 9A on the Veranda also! Can't wait! The two rooms aft rooms next to it can connect also if you have friends going! Can't wait!

was this sailing a southern cruise?

I have had balconies back there on a few ships and not had no problems with the lounge below-- except on the Destiny which was a southern cruise

We recently had 6452 on the Conquest, I personally didn't care who could see on my balcony. I really didn't notice anyone spying on us nor did I care to spy on them. I went on a cruise that was out of this world and would recommend this type of room and balcony to anyone. If you are doing something that you don't want anyone to see GO INSIDE. I got sprinkled from the water system above while I was filming the beautiful ocean behind us, I thought it was funny. We had wonderful breezes all the time. I did notice a build up of salt on the deck chairs but our beach towels over the chair took care of that. If you are that concerned about your privacy get and inside room. I can't imagine giving up what we were able to experience because of being afraid someone might see us. You will never see these people again unless you took pictures of them. My question to you then would be who is invading who's privacy?:rolleyes:

We felt the same way. We were on the Liberty in cabin 7453. The wife likes to sit out on the balcony in her birthday suit. If you sat back by your cabin nobody could see unless they tried. The guy next to us liked to stand where he could see while he talked to his wife.

• 2 weeks later...

After our last adventure with the Aft balcony we are trying the wrap for the first time on the Liberty. After reading everyones posts we went for the Verandah. I hope it is worth the money even though I think we got a good deal.

Have always had balconys on the upper decks and we would not be without a balcony. We have booked an aft balcony for our next cruise on the Carnival Freedom #8457. Could not get the Large corner units as they were all sold out due to a large wedding party on board. Just wondering if anyone has had this room or #8450. If you have and have a picture or information we have a thread going on Freedom The Absinthe Minded Reunion Cruise Feb 13 / 2010 Thanks.

Has anyone stayed in aft balcony room 4232 on the spirit. My first aft to alaska? Any pictures?
We have 4241 (next door) on the Legend this June...:) I'll have pics after we return!:p

Go to cruisestaterooms dot com.. They have a couple pics of 4241, but not much detail, tho' the cabin is a basic Cat 8 with a sofa/sleeper...:D We LOVE the aft! Had 6264 on the Miracle, but no 'cabin' pics.. We've also had 9A aft wraps on Liberty and Freedom.. WONDERFUL!!!

How would this accomadate 3 in a room over a regular Balcony.

Are any Balcony Cabins bigger inside??

The corner wrap cabins have more room, There will be a couch that folds to a bed for the 3rd person. Although Not all corner afts will accomadate 3 people.

Other than that, the suite balconies are larger.

Edited by caribbean dreams

• 8 years later...