Uber and Lyft are back in Galveston...anyone used yet?

sredish

Curious if anyone has used Uber or Lyft from Hobby to Galveston/Galveston to Hobby since legislation was passed and they are now allowed back on the island? What rate did you pay?

Might take a bit of time to get feedback. The law was signed May 29, so this week is probably the first week that cruisers have started using it.

The Uber app will give you a quote if you put in the route and date. I presume Lyft does the same thing but I haven't used them yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this to see if anyone has taken an UBER of any type from Hobby to the port. Cost? How long did it take for the driver to get you once you requested?

Just curious! Thanks!

Just bumping this to see if anyone has taken an UBER of any type from Hobby to the port. Cost? How long did it take for the driver to get you once you requested?

Just curious! Thanks!

Took Uber from Hobby to house in Galveston today. $49- 5 min wait at the airport. Walk out of baggage claim to Zone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Took Uber from Hobby to house in Galveston today. $49- 5 min wait at the airport. Walk out of baggage claim to Zone 5.

Thank you! That's a great rate for two people (even better if the car could hold four). In the past we booked with Galveston Express and were left stranded at Hobby for three hours because the driver never came to get us (despite several calls assuring us he was "on his way")...so we're staying away from that this time!!

We have a house on Galveston Island and we Ubered from house to Rudy and Paco's (about 11/2 miles) and it was less than six bucks. I asked the driver about availability Sunday from the cruise piers and he indicated that there were enough Uber drivers for the demand and he didn't feel like passengers had much of a wait for post cruise transportation to Houston airports.

This will be a very nice addition to the transportation choices.

Hope to hear more reviews of both Uber and Lyft in the near future.

The price of a one way car rental is beyond ridiculous, sad to say. And Carnival's transportation is pricey and takes forever to fill the bus and drop off passengers. Won't be doing that again. Came within minutes of missing our flight.

Just returned from a RCI cruise out of Galveston- ubered from Hobby to house in Galveston, then all around G for the weekend, to the port (1 min wait at 10 am), then to Houston straight off the ship... All lovely drivers and couldn't be easier. Prices were well under shuttles, etc.