RCI airport shuttle to ship

carolv712

I am bringing my mobility scooter to MCO and plan on using the RCI shuttle to the port. Has anyone had experience loading the scooter on the bus? Will I need a special shuttle? Will I need to break it down into pieces. Who should I talk to to figure this out?

Thanks

First of all, have you submitted your “Special Needs Form”? If not, request a copy and submit it to Royal Caribbean immediately. The number and email address is on Royal Caribbean's website or ask your travel agent to obtain the form for you.

Then I would suggest that you contact Royal Caribbean Accessibility Onboard and be very specific about your needs. I'm assuming that you are able to board a bus on your own or with minimal assistance. Thus your scooter could be put with the luggage. If this is correct, just verify that the bus can transport your scooter. However, if you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle with a ramp or lift, verify that such will be available.

I have only sailed in Port Canaveral as a “port of call” and discovered that wheelchair accessible shuttle buses were scarce.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Haven't taken my scooter on RCI yet but in January I took mine on Carnival. We took Carnivals chartered bus back to the airport after the ship. It was a big Greyhound type of bus with loading space underneath. I have a Pride Victory 10. Its like what people rent on the ships. They folded the back down and folded the front tiller down and put it under the bus with absolutely no problem. I'd be willing to bet RCI uses the same kind of busses.