Ardastra Gardens and Zoo

Trishlo73

My family are sailing the Elation on Nov 13 and Nassau is one of our ports. Has anyone been to Ardastra Gardens and Zoo? Thoughts? Is it worth 18pp? We are two adults in our 40s and our sons, 16 and 18.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been to Ardastra Gardens & Zoo 3 times in the past 8 years. I love it, obviously! Just walking through all the trees and flowers - it's so lush and green and beautiful. There are peacocks and hens walking around on the pathways. Once, a peacock spread out all his colorful feathers and stood right in the middle of the sidewalk - I couldn't get by him he was so big! The flamingos are out walking freely also, but they stay in their corner area until the show.

- The animals have nice, big natural enclosed areas. It's a small enough zoo that you can see everything in about 30 - 40 minutes, but it's also not crowded, so you can take your time in any areas that you like. -- See attached pics

I usually take the #10 jitney (bus) there, and then catch it again to go to Saunders Beach or Cable Beach, both are very close - maybe 4 to 6 more bus stops down the road from Ardastra. Plus you could get some great local food at the Fish Fry, which is the bus stop you use to walk in to the zoo.

Nassau beach zoo pdf.pdf

I've been to Ardastra Gardens & Zoo 3 times in the past 8 years. I love it, obviously! Just walking through all the trees and flowers - it's so lush and green and beautiful. There are peacocks and hens walking around on the pathways. Once, a peacock spread out all his colorful feathers and stood right in the middle of the sidewalk - I couldn't get by him he was so big! The flamingos are out walking freely also, but they stay in their corner area until the show.

- The animals have nice, big natural enclosed areas. It's a small enough zoo that you can see everything in about 30 - 40 minutes, but it's also not crowded, so you can take your time in any areas that you like. -- See attached pics

I usually take the #10 jitney (bus) there, and then catch it again to go to Saunders Beach or Cable Beach, both are very close - maybe 4 to 6 more bus stops down the road from Ardastra. Plus you could get some great local food at the Fish Fry, which is the bus stop you use to walk in to the zoo.

Thanks. This sounds like a great plan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My husband and I went there too (also in our 40's). My favorite part was feeding the lorry parrots. We combined it with lunch at the Fish Fry and it was a nice day. I'm not sure that teenage boys would be that interested though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Pirates Museum is on the way back from the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo and takes about a half hour. The Zoo takes from one and a half to two hours. The pirates Museum is within walking distance of the pier and right across fro the British Colonial Hilton,