Twin bed configurations on Explorer/refurbished Navigator

It used to be that on Regent ships, when the bed was split into two twins, one of the nightstands would be moved between them, so that the beds were truly separated. I notice that the beds now have headboards built into the wall, which makes me wonder if that separation is still the case, or if they leave the beds right next to each other, and just make them up with separate bedding (this is how Crystal does it). Does anyone know how the twin configuration is done on the refurbished ships and on the Explorer?

• 6 months later...

Hi Mamapirk. You may request in advance through your travel agent or by contacting our Reservations team directly at 1-844-473-4368. If for any reason you forget to request in advance, you can always request at the time of check in onboard.

Regarding the bed configuration, if one prefers twin beds does the room steward handle this at time of boarding or is there somewhere on Regent's website to request in advance. Thanks so much for any information.

I have now had first-hand experience with the twin configuration in an Explorer concierge suite. As the reply indicated, the beds were split and the nightstand put between them. Something to be aware of about this configuration: because the nightstand for the bed closest to the wall is moved, that bed is now placed right next to the wall. In so doing, the person in that bed loses one of the benefits of the Explorer nightstands--the plug below is no longer accessible, and the usb ports, while reachable, cannot really be used at night because there is no place, other than in bed with you, to put your device. Not a huge deal, but thought you'd want to know. I suppose you could ask to have the beds made up separately without moving the nightstand (they'd be side by side, but just have separate bedding), but we didn't ask.

BTW, the beds were made up as twins when we arrived. Our long-time TA knows that about us and automatically requests it.

Thank you for explaining the Explorer suite bed configuration as we have an Explorer suite booked. We have stayed in both the Master and Grand suites and know that those beds can't be split. However, they found a way to make my DH's side of the bed harder than my side!

Hi Mamapirk. You may request in advance through your travel agent or by contacting our Reservations team directly at 1-844-473-4368. If for any reason you forget to request in advance, you can always request at the time of check in onboard.

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your kindness.

I have now had first-hand experience with the twin configuration in an Explorer concierge suite. As the reply indicated, the beds were split and the nightstand put between them. Something to be aware of about this configuration: because the nightstand for the bed closest to the wall is moved, that bed is now placed right next to the wall. In so doing, the person in that bed loses one of the benefits of the Explorer nightstands--the plug below is no longer accessible, and the usb ports, while reachable, cannot really be used at night because there is no place, other than in bed with you, to put your device. Not a huge deal, but thought you'd want to know. I suppose you could ask to have the beds made up separately without moving the nightstand (they'd be side by side, but just have separate bedding), but we didn't ask.

BTW, the beds were made up as twins when we arrived. Our long-time TA knows that about us and automatically requests it.

Good to know! Thanks so much for the information.

Thank you for explaining the Explorer suite bed configuration as we have an Explorer suite booked. We have stayed in both the Master and Grand suites and know that those beds can't be split. However, they found a way to make my DH's side of the bed harder than my side!

TC - Believe the explanation was about an Explorer Concierge Suite and not an Explorer Suite. We have stayed in an Explorer Suite and, though we usually have twin beds, we enjoyed the HUGE king bed very much.

We are currently on the Explorer in a Penthouse-A Cabin (948). We asked for the beds to be split. They just moved the 2 beds as far apart as they could with the nightstands still on the outsides. In this cabin, you could not put the small nightstand in the middle. That would cause that bed to be against the bathroom and closet doors. Put the larger nightstand between the beds and the other bed would be against the sliding glass door and you could not get out to the balcony from the bedroom.

We are currently on the Explorer in a Penthouse-A Cabin (948). We asked for the beds to be split. They just moved the 2 beds as far apart as they could with the nightstands still on the outsides. In this cabin, you could not put the small nightstand in the middle. That would cause that bed to be against the bathroom and closet doors. Put the larger nightstand between the beds and the other bed would be against the sliding glass door and you could not get out to the balcony from the bedroom.

It never ceases to amaze me how such an incredibly beautiful ship could be built with such poor PH suites.