Timing Question for Newport/Mansion Tours/Lunch

CStorm

Cliff Walk, Turo Synagogue, White Horse Tavern, the Black Pearl (waterfront)

Turo Synagogue, White Horse Tavern, and the Black Pearl are all less than a 10 minute walk from the tender dock and each other. You can get to Cliff Walk by public bus; about 10-15 minute travel time.

You'll be spending too much time looking for parking that it makes having a car not worthwhile, JMO.

SBtS

Turo Synagogue, White Horse Tavern, and the Black Pearl are all less than a 10 minute walk from the tender dock and each other. You can get to Cliff Walk by public bus; about 10-15 minute travel time.

You'll be spending too much time looking for parking that it makes having a car not worthwhile, JMO.

SBtS

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize everything was that close. I haven't been to Newport in about 25 years and it's my sister' first visit. Again, much appreciated advice.

• 3 months later...
I am a Newporter, me thinks you're planning too much for one day, however your mileage will depend on your stamina. As someone suggested take a taxi to the Breakers and be there at 9 AM when it opens. Touring the cottage will take 1-1/2 hour or more depending on your interest. Suggest you then walk back north on Cliff Walk (behind the Breakers) to 40 Steps at Narraganset Ave. (About an hour or 3/4 mile, passing Salve Regina Un and several summer mansions.) Exit the Cliff Walk then walk west to Bellevue Ave. The Elms should be in front of you on Bellevue. After touring the Elms (about 1-1/2 hour) grab a taxi or the 67 bus back to the center of town. Many restaurants in the center of town. After lunch walk about the colonial houses in the center of the town. When you get tired the tender boats will be right there in the center of the town.

Can you see the mansions from the Cliff Walk?