**Best beach to go to **

Dalton51

Its going to be 6 of us going. We are looking for the best clear blue white sand beach possible. Me and my wife have both been to Junkanoo beach we are looking for something better than that for sure.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cable would be our choice. We enjoy the Melia there and there are quite a few resorts which have day passes, pools, and nice beaches.

April, Where did you buy your day pass for Melia? I'm having a hard time finding the site.

Cabbage Beach has the most gorgeous blue water and white sand, but it can be rough sometimes and there are no bathrooms. My husband and I like to get day passes at RIU (next to Atlantis). That way we can enjoy the beautiful beach and also have amenities and all-included lunch and drinks.

How much is a taxi to here ? Also I'd there a price to pay to get in the beach?

Blue Lagoon is an island so you can't take a taxi. :) See if your cruise ship offers excursions.

It costs $5 a person to take a taxi to Cabbage Beach (on Paradise Island).

We have been to Melia twice, once when it was the Sheritan, nice beach, pretty good for snorkeling, great pools, and pretty good food (though expensive)

We have done Blue Lagoon once, ending up being a very cold day, so it was a day snuggling, but not swimming.

We did Blackbeard's Cay, and that was great too, but of all, a day pass at the Melia is well worth it.

Cabbage Beach has the most gorgeous blue water and white sand, but it can be rough sometimes and there are no bathrooms. My husband and I like to get day passes at RIU (next to Atlantis). That way we can enjoy the beautiful beach and also have amenities and all-included lunch and drinks.

This was our favorite day pass, followed by Melia, and then the Hilton. We did aqua adventure twice at Atlantis, that was great, but not your typical relax on the beach day.

Is Cabbage beach water always rough even in the summer months? Looking to go next July with a group and purchase through Island Marketing and saw it went up in price and now going to be only 18 yrs and up. Did you take a taxi or could you take the water taxi? Thanks

Is Cabbage beach water always rough even in the summer months? Looking to go next July with a group and purchase through Island Marketing and saw it went up in price and now going to be only 18 yrs and up. Did you take a taxi or could you take the water taxi? Thanks

It really depends. We were there in June, the water was like a swimming pool, with gentle waves breaking on the sand. I realized I lost my sunglasses 10 minutes after swimming (you could swim easily), and DH found them about 8 feet down just by looking down at the surface, it was that clear.

We take a regular taxi. They'll probably put you in the same van as people going to Atlantis since they are right next to each other. You can also take the water taxi but it takes longer to get there and then you'd have to walk a bit from there to the hotel. A regular taxi is just easier and faster.

• 1 month later...

May I ask why you don't want to do Junkaroo beach? We were thinking of going there. If you don't go to Junkaroo, which hotel has the cheapest day pass and can you just walk up to the hotel and get it? I had contacted Resort for a day, but if it is raining that day (which right now the forecast is showing rain :(), we don't want to lose our deposit, if we change our minds.

Also, are there a lot of vendors bugging you at the public beaches? Would there be as many vendors at one of the hotels?

May I ask why you don't want to do Junkaroo beach? We were thinking of going there. If you don't go to Junkaroo, which hotel has the cheapest day pass and can you just walk up to the hotel and get it? I had contacted Resort for a day, but if it is raining that day (which right now the forecast is showing rain :(), we don't want to lose our deposit, if we change our minds.

Also, are there a lot of vendors bugging you at the public beaches? Would there be as many vendors at one of the hotels?

The Melia.

While it has sand and water, it is not a nice beach, the best thing it has going for it is cheap drinks and conveneince