Sea Princess world cruise news!

I read (or skimmed through) several different versions of the article that were shown on the websites of different newspapers. It wasn't only a snippet. The text of the article seemed to be the same, but it appeared that the headlines had been written by the editor of each newspaper because they were different. I was amazed that the article had so many inaccurate statements and these appeared in all the articles.

We have been through that region on 'Pirate Watch' (2014) and yes the article is OTT. Yes, there are precautions and RCI brought on extra security to man the top decks for the time we cruised through the Aden Gulf and the decks were out of bounds to passengers at night. We had to keep curtains drawn but really, the affect on us passengers was next to nothing. It was all just a bit of excitement for those few days watching the 'men in black' with their security equipment.

Joanne sitting in a bar on the banks of the amazon near Iquitosdrinking the cheap and refreshing local Cusquena beer. We only miss the sea princess by a day backin lima

Not as exotic as your location, but also having a Cusquena , ours in Lima.

Our 2nd overnight here as San Martin was cancelled due weather and we sail tomorrow at 6 am towards Easter Is.

Following your adventures with interest and much jealousy.

Take care.

Apparently this is the original article:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/travellers-stories/preparing-for-pirates-on-the-sea-princess/news-story/3d246907213393ab06f5af6335fbae31

Nowhere near as sensationalistic as some of the versions I've seen, but I can see where they've all come from.