Queen Victoria 10th Anniversary - December 2017

gfs1ram

I have just noticed this 'one liner' in the Cruise details for the QV December 12th 5 day Cruise :-

"During this festive short break, Queen Victoria will celebrate the tenth anniversary of her maiden cruise in glamorous Cunard style."

I am surprised that Cunard have not made more of the anniversary, they usually do! I am sure the Cruise would probably have sold out if they had marketed it as a 10th Anniversary Cruise.

The statement appears to indicate that the Anniversary will however be celebrated 'in glamorous Cunard style'. So coupled with the Christmas Markets itinerary this should be an excellent Cruise at a bargain price. Cannot wait.

We were on the 5 day QE 5th Anniversary Themed Cruise in October 2015 and that was excellent.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just found this post. I am on this cruise, and have been looking on the website, only today did I notice that one line. I am too surprised that they are not making a bigger deal out of it.

What celebrations did you have on the QE for her 5th Anniversary? I would just like to know what to expect :D

Hello AKM. I'm not sure what to expect by way of celebrations on this Cruise to be honest.

On the QE 5th Anniversary Cruise it was advertised as such. That too was only a 5 day cruise but right from the outset there seemed to be a 'party' atmosphere on board. Sherree Valentine Daines, the artist, was on board, together with one of her daughters and Agent and they certainly entered into the party spirit :bottle-pop::champagne-toast:. There was a 5th Anniversary ball if I remember right with dancing in the atrium and balloon release. A Japanese film crew were also on board and they produced a 2 hour video on the QE (starring yours truly :'):')) for the Japanese market as the QE was circumnavigating Japan later on it's World Cruise. Really good fun seemed to be had by all. Hope it is the same on the QV but why the low key advertising, I am sure it would have sold better as the 10th Anniversary Cruise??

Hi gfs1ram, sounds like it was an amazing cruise. I think I was on that cruise! Very strange I have literally no memory! I remember a ball drop on either the QE or the QV as it was in the Ballroom. So guessing it must have been this cruise. To be honest I just love being on the ships.