Information on White Bay

Cruiser Nonna

Thank you for the additional information - so if I am to clearly have this in my brain - Radiance of the Seas February 9, 2017 - we will check in at White Bay Terminal but then will be put on a ??? Tender (ship type) or Ferry (bigger) to get to the ship ? Then we have to go up those stairs (as is the case when you tender somewhere else) - but we all have carry on luggage? Oh my - this is not sounding good.

We were on Solstice before (2013) (bigger ship than Radiance) so they must have changed where ships can dock.

As mentioned they still have that dock, but it's used by Ovation on that day, so unavailable to Radiance.

As you say you'll take the transfer from White Bay to the ship. You can choose to check all your luggage in so you don't have to carry it up the tender pontoon. If you do have it with you, the staff there will likely help, but will have a number of passengers so it's better to check it all in if you can.

I got muddled by the American date, was looking for 3 July, to check and couldn't find it.

You actually got muddled by the Canadian date. :) Thanks for the confirmation. REALLY excited about our escape from the cold Alberta, Canada weather to the brilliance of Australia.:D

You actually got muddled by the Canadian date. :) Thanks for the confirmation. REALLY excited about our escape from the cold Alberta, Canada weather to the brilliance of Australia.:D

I hope you enjoy your stay. March the weather should still be nice.

We are docking at white bay 4 for disembarkation (oceania Sirena) on March 6 2017. Is that the same as white bay cruise terminal and will there be taxis available to take us to the airport.

White Bay has two berths. It's technically not the same as White Bay terminal as it's the secondary berth, but all processing is through the White Bay passenger terminal so from a passenger perspective it's the same.

Yes, taxis will be available at the terminal.

• 8 months later...
I hope you enjoy your stay. March the weather should still be nice.

You are a fount of knowledge! I'm Steve we will pull into White bay on the Sun Princess on April 12 2018 and spending a night at the Old Sydney HI at the Rocks one night and sailing on April 13 on the Noordam, again at White bay. We travel light so we like to walk or take the easiest transportation. I saw you mentioned a ferry. We want to leave the arriving ship early and board late the next day. The ferry sounds great and I assume it will cost less than a taxi. Do you think we could do this and is there a place to get ferry info? Thanks!

Here is a link for the ferry:

https://www.captaincook.com.au/sydney-harbour-cruises/ferries/white-bay-cruise-terminal-city-ferry/

It no longer goes to Circular Quay, it goes to Barangaroo. From there you would have to walk through the Wynyard Walk to Wynyard Station and catch a train around to Circular Quay, or you could catch another ferry around to Circular Quay from Barangaroo - I'm not sure if the Captain Cook ferries stop at the same place as the Sydney Ferries but if not, won't be too far away.

White Bay has two berths. It's technically not the same as White Bay terminal as it's the secondary berth, but all processing is through the White Bay passenger terminal so from a passenger perspective it's the same.

Yes, taxis will be available at the terminal.

We did not spend the night in Sydney. The Noordam made arrangements to have ferries available from time we came into Port until about 4p.m. and we sailed at 6 p.m. We used Captain Cook Ferry from White Bay to the Quay..so I would think you could pick up a ferry to the ship, best perhaps to check with your ship on times the Ferry leaves the Quay... I loved the cruise and have a wonderful cruise...