Viking Romantic Danube BY DAY IN PICTURES

steverhodes

As I reported in a earlier post on this forum, we have a close knit high school alumni group that booked a ship (Viking Egil) to go on a Romantic Danube cruise on July 7 of 2018. It'll be one big floating reunion as we have 91 of the 95 cabins. [Guests in other 4 cabins were made a nice offer by Viking to switch ships but decided to stay with us.]

In order to show classmates exactly what they would be seeing, I created a website from the pictures I took on a similar Viking trip at the same time but in 2014. I created a page for each city as well as one for life on board and another for cruising:

https://www.rhodesvacations.com/danube

The website above has 600 pictures, which I hope may prove useful for others thinking about a Danube cruise. Here are a few highlight pictures:

dd2a8d612bb0b9bfd0af3825c2c3cbce.jpg

965d57bf6debdba0b893bb65482104eb.jpg

50c4c2ef902982b6c9d287a130234691.jpg

99fa1d59f6ccf6c505987e15fb74f044.jpg

85c57cda5d929445719e8ca7e2b4b786.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much! These are wonderful pictures. They make me look forward even more to our upcoming Bucharest to Passau cruises....had to combine two to get the whole way. Will look at all the rest!

Great pictures! We're going on the Viking romantic Danube this June 8th on the Tor. What is the typical weather like? Not sure what type of clothing to bring. Do we need to bring rain gear? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Steve (or anyone)We appreciated your photos of the Romantic Danube cruise. We noticed your side trip to the Prater which is on our to do list. We have been to Vienna a couple of times so we decided not to take the offered tour & go to the Prater instead. We have booked the opera in the evening giving us a full free day. Was the ship docked close enough to be able to walk to the Prater realizing that Viking may not always be docked in the same spot each trip. To save time we would take a taxi if needed. Also did you find ques long to go on the oldest Ferris wheel & we are considering the train ride to get a short tour. I assume ticket booths are well marked. Thank you in advance.

Steve (or anyone)We appreciated your photos of the Romantic Danube cruise. We noticed your side trip to the Prater which is on our to do list. We have been to Vienna a couple of times so we decided not to take the offered tour & go to the Prater instead. We have booked the opera in the evening giving us a full free day. Was the ship docked close enough to be able to walk to the Prater realizing that Viking may not always be docked in the same spot each trip. To save time we would take a taxi if needed. Also did you find ques long to go on the oldest Ferris wheel & we are considering the train ride to get a short tour. I assume ticket booths are well marked. Thank you in advance.

We walked back to the ship. I vaguely remember it took us close to 30 min. But don't hold me to it. It was in 2014.

The lines we saw were short but we didn't ride anything. We walked around soaking up the images and periodically just sat on a bench. We were there for several wonderful hours.

• 2 weeks later...