Sun Princess question

Hi

Going on the Sun Princess soon. Where do they hold the Elite/Platinum drinks between 5 and 7?

Thanks Jeanette

I am pretty sure there is no Elite/Platinum drinks on the Sun, maybe because she is a smaller ship and the venues (such as the Vista Lounge) are used for other activities.

Internet minutes. Washing. :D

My point was that they offer Elites certain perks for being loyal but then on some ships you don't get that perk, they should have alternate provisions as compensation for the loss of the perk.

So what is the advantage of being Elite? All that loyalty for what?

I don't think people go on cruises just to get to Elite status. They go on cruises because they like cruising and choose a particular cruise line because they like what they offer. Once they get to a status where there are benefits, that will probably be a factor in choosing a cruise line, but not the only reason.

Just because all passengers can buy a second drink for $1 during happy hour, does not detract from benefits that people with Elite status get. It just broadens that particular benefit to all. From what I have seen, Princess does very well with drink sales during happy hour, particularly as it is a little earlier in the evening than a lot of people would normally buy drinks. The end result is probably more drinks sales - more profit to Princess.

My point was that they offer Elites certain perks for being loyal but then on some ships you don't get that perk, they should have alternate provisions as compensation for the loss of the perk.

Yeah, it'd be nice, but you still get other recognition and benefits for being elite.

It's just like going on some ships as a regular passenger and getting many activities such as ice skating and then on other ships in the same line getting much less. Different ships have different inclusions whether a loyalty member or not.

I don't think people go on cruises just to get to Elite status. They go on cruises because they like cruising and choose a particular cruise line because they like what they offer. Once they get to a status where there are benefits, that will probably be a factor in choosing a cruise line, but not the only reason.

Just because all passengers can buy a second drink for $1 during happy hour, does not detract from benefits that people with Elite status get. It just broadens that particular benefit to all. From what I have seen, Princess does very well with drink sales during happy hour, particularly as it is a little earlier in the evening than a lot of people would normally buy drinks. The end result is probably more drinks sales - more profit to Princess.

I agree, and while you do not get some of the perks on the Aussie Princess ships, other ships will be first in line. On another line, when they do not operate the lounge due to numbers they load the cards up with free drinks every day for those with the particular status.

Yeah, it'd be nice, but you still get other recognition and benefits for being elite.

It's just like going on some ships as a regular passenger and getting many activities such as ice skating and then on other ships in the same line getting much less. Different ships have different inclusions whether a loyalty member or not.

I get your point but it is not quite the same, loyalty perks should be able to be reciprocated across the line.

It has always been cleared stated that it was not available on the Sun class ships in Australian waters. In a way I guess we are lucky they didn't decide to fully cheap out and ditch it for all ships in Australian waters? Glass half full or half empty?

I agree, and while you do not get some of the perks on the Aussie Princess ships, other ships will be first in line. On another line, when they do not operate the lounge due to numbers they load the cards up with free drinks every day for those with the particular status.

Yes, that line does have a much better loyalty program and better perks rewards if you decide to really spoil yourself for some reason & upgrade to a suite. Because of that I prefer the other line. Princess is only sending the 2 oldies Sun & Sea to WA and I'm trying my first Princess soon (cabins look teeny) to see what they are like but I would be nice if it could be on one of the newer ships like Majestic.