What are the chances? Transpacific October 2017

I may have been tempted to take the Sea Princess from Fremantle to Singapore (8th - 22nd October) and return to Fremantle on Voyager of the Seas (18th - 28th October) but obviously the itineraries overlap in date.

We may end up doing a couple of weeks of land based holiday, fly to Singapore, cruise to Fremantle on Voyager OTS, fly to Sydney and catch the train home. A quick look online shows cheap flights from Sydney to Singapore (cheaper than Perth to Sydney).

I'll have to see what the Minister for War and Finance thinks!

Yesterday DW and I had a long discussion about holiday options. The transpacific on Explorer OTS shows no sign of dropping in price. I priced out flying to Hong Kong and sailing B2B on Voyager of the Seas to Singapore and then on to Fremantle but by the time I added airfares, accommodation in HK, shore excursions, etc we weren't going to get much change out of $8,500.

We decided that we'd keep watching prices and wait until the end of the month before making a decision with the thought that we may have to resort to a land based holiday.

I was checking Cruise Critic at lunchtime today and the El Cheapo thread reminded me that Carnival has a 72 hour sale. Long story short, we're dipping our toe in the water and have jumped ship. I've booked B2B cruises on Carnival Spirit.

Yesterday DW and I had a long discussion about holiday options. The transpacific on Explorer OTS shows no sign of dropping in price. I priced out flying to Hong Kong and sailing B2B on Voyager of the Seas to Singapore and then on to Fremantle but by the time I added airfares, accommodation in HK, shore excursions, etc we weren't going to get much change out of $8,500.

We decided that we'd keep watching prices and wait until the end of the month before making a decision with the thought that we may have to resort to a land based holiday.

I was checking Cruise Critic at lunchtime today and the El Cheapo thread reminded me that Carnival has a 72 hour sale. Long story short, we're dipping our toe in the water and have jumped ship. I've booked B2B cruises on Carnival Spirit.

the 1st online site has an email for 22/4/18 with a fly/cruise 24 night cruise for the Expolorer Sydney to Seattle plus $100 OBC and only $3099 pp

Edited by rkmw

This ones advertised from the 1st site maybe for 2018...

Yeah, there's some deals around for the Explorer OTS 2018 transpacific cruises but no last minute bargains for October 2017 YET.

We can't get time off in April and we have a commitment to a week long land based family holiday in July next year so that leaves in only 3 weeks holiday. Also we've booked 10 nights on Voyager OTS for February 2018 at a great price. So 2018 is out.

We could do a transpacific in October 2019 but we will have 8 weeks holiday in 2020 (our version of long service leave) and DW has suggested that we go to the USA. Maybe we'll cruise home. Gosh! 2020 always seemed like sometime in the far future but it's not that far off.