Question(s) about Cable Beach.

Mr & Mrs Happy

My sis n law and her hubby will be cruising with us in Oct. Her hubby has never been on a jet ski and wanted to try one out. The only way I would get off the ship in Nassau (I've been there twice already) is if we did an excursion. We paid the deposit to do a pass at Breezes. I sent an email to the resort to ask about the jet skis, and received the response below. .

Dear Sylvia, thank you for your interest in Breezes Bahamas

We do not include jet skis and while it is offered on the Cable Beach, we do not recommend it because of safety issues. We look forward to your spending the day with us in October

Warmest

Zein

Are they saying Cable beach is a concern due to safety issues because of the water/surf or it's a dangerous area? Or are they saying it so you just stay on the grounds of the resort? This will be my first time going to Breezes.

Just got back from our cruise to Nassau and did Breezes. It was wonderful! Plenty to do to keep you busy, including kayaks, paddle boats, etc... and the beach was clean with crystal clear water. We chatted with a couple who rented jet skis a few hundred yards from the resort for a half hour and they loved it. It looked fun. That being said, it is a group of locals standing on the beach and renting you the jet skis, so I would say it is do it at your own risk. The beach was safe and very calm. I am sure you will enjoy yourself even if you skip the jet skis!

Just got back from our cruise to Nassau and did Breezes. It was wonderful! Plenty to do to keep you busy, including kayaks, paddle boats, etc... and the beach was clean with crystal clear water. We chatted with a couple who rented jet skis a few hundred yards from the resort for a half hour and they loved it. It looked fun. That being said, it is a group of locals standing on the beach and renting you the jet skis, so I would say it is do it at your own risk. The beach was safe and very calm. I am sure you will enjoy yourself even if you skip the jet skis!

Can you give me an idea on prices (doesn't have to be perfect, just an idea) on the jet ski rental as well as anything else you saw like parasailing or banana boat or whatever...