Atlantis through Bahamasdaypass.com

TkinNC

We are considering a cruise that stops in Nassau from 1 until 7 pm. Would the Atlantis aqua pass be worth it? I know that the pools and slides close at sunset, which would be around 5:30, but does the aquarium stay open past then?

What do you think?

I'm not a fan of Nassau and looking for something fun to do, they only thing I did last time I went, and I only ended up there because the ship had to change courses, was stay around the pier and went to the straw market.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

TK

I don't think it would be worth it. You would probably be lining up for a slide at close to 2. You'd have to be back on your ship by 6:30, traffic gets backed up at the bridge, so you would want to head back no later than 5:30.

I haven't done it myself, but for a short timeframe like you have, I'd think a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton might be a good idea. From what I understand, it costs about $60, and you get a $40 food/drink credit. I believe they provide you with a towel and you have access to their pools, hot tubs, private beach, and non-motorized watersports equipment. And, it's right near the port - so you can walk there without losing time for transportation.

• 10 months later...

Planning to do the Discover Atlantis tour next Friday through Bahamasdaypass.com. Is it cheaper than buying directly from Atlantis? Is it possible to buy directly from the Bahamasdaypass.com onsite office once I'm there rather than buying online in advance? If so, is the price any different? It's currently $49/person but I'm not sure that I definitely want to commit to it just yet and so I'm holding off on buying online.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We are doing it. Booked a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites there to get four passes. Is it worth it? That depends. Financially it's not a smart move which is why we spent about $40 on a roundtrip taxi ride to Cable Beach instead last year. But we're trying it this year just to see what it's like. And strategizing on how to best use our time with the expectation it will be hectic and there will be lines. We know people who have spent a week there and so this way we can try it out and see if we ever want do to that instead of a cruise.

• 4 months later...
We are doing it. Booked a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites there to get four passes. Is it worth it? That depends. Financially it's not a smart move which is why we spent about $40 on a roundtrip taxi ride to Cable Beach instead last year. But we're trying it this year just to see what it's like. And strategizing on how to best use our time with the expectation it will be hectic and there will be lines. We know people who have spent a week there and so this way we can try it out and see if we ever want do to that instead of a cruise.

How did the Comfort Suites work out for you?

• 2 months later...
I haven't done it myself, but for a short timeframe like you have, I'd think a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton might be a good idea. From what I understand, it costs about $60, and you get a $40 food/drink credit. I believe they provide you with a towel and you have access to their pools, hot tubs, private beach, and non-motorized watersports equipment. And, it's right near the port - so you can walk there without losing time for transportation.

Did anyone do the British Colonial Hilton?

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone do the British Colonial Hilton?

I did the colonial hilton last october. It was okay. The food and drink credit got us each a sandwich, a beer, and a water. ITs small and the ships are right there. We liked it because it was super close, private, and easy. But wouldn't take my kids unless it was a short day.

Can anyone confirm the taxi charge to/from Atlantis? Considering booking with Bahamasdaypass.com but want to compare apples to apples and Carnival price includes transportation.

We were just there last Wednesday. Shared charge for the vans that hold 10 are $4 pp. If you don't want to wait for it to fill up you can pay $40 per van.