Which dolphin encounter in Nassau?

EB13

Hi,

We will be in Nassau in October from 7am-1pm. Our 5yo DD would love to do a dolphin encounter - which one would you recommend between Blue Lagoon, Balmoral Island & Atlantis?

I'm tempted by Atlantis as we can also access the waterpark with the ship excursion (and we'll have other beach days on the cruise). Would we get much of a chance to use the waterpark after the dolphin encounter?

TIA

Hi,

We will be in Nassau in October from 7am-1pm. Our 5yo DD would love to do a dolphin encounter - which one would you recommend between Blue Lagoon, Balmoral Island & Atlantis?

I'm tempted by Atlantis as we can also access the waterpark with the ship excursion (and we'll have other beach days on the cruise). Would we get much of a chance to use the waterpark after the dolphin encounter?

TIA

I think Atlantis doesn't get the greatest reviews. I would bother with the water park for a 5 year, it's very large, and most of the attractions have high height requirements. Oops, just saw you are only there until 1, slides don't even open until 10, and you would want to be packing up to head back to the ship around 11:30!

I think Atlantis doesn't get the greatest reviews. I would bother with the water park for a 5 year, it's very large, and most of the attractions have high height requirements. Oops, just saw you are only there until 1, slides don't even open until 10, and you would want to be packing up to head back to the ship around 11:30!

This is what my concern is - we'd just get in & have to leave. Cue the tantrum from DH [emoji23] oh & DD!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't worry, the beach and water park/pools don't come with the excursion.

There's a special offer on our sailing that includes the water park as part of price - I wouldn't pay extra for an hour or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
We are looking at this as well...curious if anyone has done the Private Island Dolphin Encounter through Carnival and what you thought?

Many people are not yet aware of how dolphins arrive at the swim with dolphin attractions or how they are 'trained' to perform for you/swim with you. If everyone wanting to swim with a dolphin or participate would take a few minutes to visit this link and learn a bit more our mammal friends would appreciate it.

https://www.dolphinproject.com/campaigns/captivity-industry/swimming-with-dolphins/

Thank you

• 2 months later...