RCI theme nights

Not really able to be answered as a general question. This is because the cruise director will vary the theme nights depending on the crowd onboard so if there are a lot more teens -30 y.o.s they'll get more party vibe stuff, more foreigners they'll prob get a British and/or American/Elvis night, more oldies they'll get 40s , 50s, 60s nights and so on. It also depends on the cruise director as to their own preferences/supplies. White and Hawaiian are pretty common though.

If you want to find out what happened on a specific sailing, best to check for that sailing e.g. in roll call, but then have to make your own guess about how applicable it may apply to yours.

Thanks Big M,

It seems rather silly that it depends on what ship, what cruise director, what time of day, the batting average of the apposing team etc determines the theme nights for a specific cruise from specific ports at specific times of the year.

Reallisticly how are intending passengers expected to pack the required clothes/outfits/gear etc to participate in the theme nights of the cruise if no one knows what they are. Yes there is usually a white, hawian night but others?

Participation without knowing what to bring to participate!

cya

bl262000

To be very honest with you I did not notice anyone or many people really paying attention to theme nights on Royal Caribbean ships when based in Australia. In fact it was very casual the whole cruise. This was on a Radiance of the Seas cruise.

Thanks Big M,

It seems rather silly that it depends on what ship, what cruise director, what time of day, the batting average of the apposing team etc determines the theme nights for a specific cruise from specific ports at specific times of the year.

Reallisticly how are intending passengers expected to pack the required clothes/outfits/gear etc to participate in the theme nights of the cruise if no one knows what they are. Yes there is usually a white, hawian night but others?

cya

bl262000

This is all part of their (Royal's) plan for you to buy the accessories from their on-board shop.;p

I've been on ships with White Nights, Gatsby Nights, Back to School Nights, 70s Nights, but never one with a Hawaiian Night.

Which is very annoying because I always pack a Hawaiian shirt. :cool:

You may not be the only one.:cool:

We had Island Night on the RCI cruise we did a couple of years ago. It was the night of the Isle of Pines port stop so DH bought the brightest shirt he could find at the markets there! It's blinding! :eek: :D

They don't expect you to supply your own costume. It's welcome, but not expected - and most don't. Some also supply (limited) accessories e.g. flags, glo tubes, headbands.

I've never seen them charge for any accessory distributed by Activities for use in the shows.

Of course, if you buy something from the shop, then it's at a cost like anything else - but then I haven't seen anything in the shops for any specific theme night. Aside from the DVD/presenter merchandise, it's just general, ongoing stuff.

To be very honest with you I did not notice anyone or many people really paying attention to theme nights on Royal Caribbean ships when based in Australia. In fact it was very casual the whole cruise. This was on a Radiance of the Seas cruise.

Hi we are doing and 11 night cruise in November on Radiance would love to chat with you about the ship if you don't mind my email is dghluska@gmail.com

Thanks Denise