Restaurant reservations for an extended cruise

Playtennis

Is it part of the World cruise? If so, how many segments? If not, it must be a B2B2B etc - how many segments?

It appears to be an extended cruise not associated with anything of greater length. Sirena 23 June to 16 September 2018. That is broken down into - from what I can find - 9 legs. We are doing the entire enchilada.

If you are like us you might not want specialty reservations on each leg of that long cruise! Remember, they are set menus. It's possible to exhaust the dishes you want to try with a few visits.

Then again, you might want to try everything on the menu!

It's true that the GDR repeats every 14 days or so (sometimes that seems to change), but at least they have a number of courses available each night.

Not to worry ... you won't starve.

Also, I'm wondering if on such a long cruise you might want a fancy dinner each and every night ... that's when the buffet can come into play.

Mura

If you are like us you might not want specialty reservations on each leg of that long cruise! Remember, they are set menus. It's possible to exhaust the dishes you want to try with a few visits.

Then again, you might want to try everything on the menu!

It's true that the GDR repeats every 14 days or so (sometimes that seems to change), but at least they have a number of courses available each night.

Not to worry ... you won't starve.

Also, I'm wondering if on such a long cruise you might want a fancy dinner each and every night ... that's when the buffet can come into play.

Mura

Mura

That was poetry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think anyone disagrees with you, Carol.

And I don't think they'll have any problem getting all the reservations they want. Now, if they want a specialty every night of that very long cruise ... yes, THAT might be difficult!

But many of us have gotten "extra" reservations depending on the component of passengers, so that often you can get extra reservations despite the number you are "entitled" to.

I'm sure they'll do fine with the "entitled" reservations on each leg of their cruise, and no doubt will be able to find more if they want them. It depends on how many other passengers are enamored of the specialty restaurants. And I don't doubt that will vary on each leg.

We've been on cruises where extra reservations just couldn't be acquired (no matter what level of cabin you were in) and others where they were giving them away. The law of averages would give OP plenty of options.

(Since they are on Sirena, the available restaurants are more limited as well.)

Mura

When we have done B2B we had reservations for each segment according to the length of the cruise & cabin Cat

On a 32 day cruise we were tired of the specialties by the 2 nd week but it was on the R ship with only 2 choices

Actually by the end of the cruise we just wanted something simple to eat ...DH longed for a peanut butter sandwich ;)

Just my opinion, but anyone on that length of a cruise deserves anything they want. Don't slam me. That is my opinion.

No question. I would go crazy if they did not give me anything I wanted on that kind of cruise.

Seriously, ANYTHING you want? What if you aren't the only person on the ship for that length of time? People who are just doing the segment are also entitled to their alloted number of reservations. If you've used up your number of reservations for that segment and can get extras, fine. If you can't get additional reservations, is it really the end of the world?

Sure, you're paying a lot of money to be on the ship for several months, even if you're in a Category "G". But I think it's a bit much to think you deserve "anything you want".

Should the ship give you certain privileges if they can? Certainly.

Mura

Seriously, ANYTHING you want? What if you aren't the only person on the ship for that length of time? People who are just doing the segment are also entitled to their alloted number of reservations. If you've used up your number of reservations for that segment and can get extras, fine. If you can't get additional reservations, is it really the end of the world?

Sure, you're paying a lot of money to be on the ship for several months, even if you're in a Category "G". But I think it's a bit much to think you deserve "anything you want".

Should the ship give you certain privileges if they can? Certainly.

Mura

Agree

I can just see everybody on the world cruise wanting and getting anything they want (or else go crazy :D)