Celebrity Solstice Auckland to Sydney

Hi - I will be on the Celebrity Solstice sailing Nov 11th and could use some advice. We did this cruise two years ago and our favorite memory was the Kangaroo sanctuary in Tasmania. Well, this trip is going to Melbourne instead. I'm excited about that because I have not seen this city and have heard a lot of great things. Anyway, our ports are below, are there any kangaroo interaction type tours I should look into?

Our other interests are wild life and wine tasting. I plan to go river rafting in Tauranga and swim with dolphin in Akaroa. I will book a pre-trip Waiheke wine tour soon. All other dates are open. Please send on any suggestions.

BAY OF ISLANDS

TAURANGA

WELLINGTON

AKAROA

MELBOURNE

SYDNEY

Adelaide Zoo have Pandas. However I wouldn't use the ships tour but catch the train for $A10 all day public transport ticket and the bus from the town to the zoo. The Zoo also recognises a concession for seniors

Adelaide Zoo have Pandas. However I wouldn't use the ships tour but catch the train for $A10 all day public transport ticket and the bus from the town to the zoo. The Zoo also recognises a concession for seniors

Adelaide zoo getting there from melbourne is like a 1400km round trip... believe me when i say this 1400kms is a hell of a long way not many professional drivers would go much further then this in a day let alone a car driver that would drive this far in a week...

basicly you will get to Adelaide and you would have to turn around and hope that you would make it back to the ship in time in melbourne in which i think is impossible unless you fly to Adelaide

To the origional Poster

I would suggest if ya keen on seeing Kangaroo's then melbourne zoo is just a tram or train ride out of the cbd. just make sure you have a Myki card

trams to catch to melbourne zoo

109 departs oppisite station pier

56 tram departing williams /collins st

get of at royal Park at Parkville which will give you a 200m walk to gate of zoo

Trains

1st tram 109 to southern Cross staion in Spencer street

2nd go to platform 11 (unless there is platform changes)

3rd catch the Upfield Train

4th disembark at Royal Park train station and walk approx 200 metres to gate at zoo

you could spend a couple of hours in the zoo as well as seeing some of Melbournes cbd such as Melbourne Market, South Melbourne market, and other places of interest

Thanks for the advice

I have booked rafting in tauranga and a dolphin encounter in akaroa.

We aren't really into lord of the rings sets.

I'll review the melbone advice and make plans.

Any good wine tours out of Wellington or bay of islands?

Also, suggestions on best fish and chips? I remember having some amazing fish called blue (maybe) cod but can't remember where.

The closest wine region to Wellington is Martinborough, about 75 minutes drive away. You should be able to find a day trip over there.

There are only a few wineries near the Bay of Islands. There may be a tour available to them.