El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Those two 4 day cruises from Cairns on 12 Sept and 3 Oct are currently $148 and $149 per person for a twin cabin.......great price!

On that great Oz website.

Cannot see the ship staying around the port for as long next season if they do not fill the ship easily without discounting it too far.

Cannot see the ship staying around the port for as long next season if they do not fill the ship easily without discounting it too far.

Yes, I would agree with that. We'll gladly have it down here in Melbourne. Slightly different geographic and weather, but we will have it! I go across the West gate bridge a couple of times a week and miss seeing a ship docked at Station Pier.

CArnival Cruises have just released some cheap deals. I just booked on the 9 October on the Spirit - 8 nights for balcony guarantee for $1363 for 2 people.

I hope Music Manila are on board for you.........best rock band at sea. I went on the Spirit a couple of years ago just to see that band again. The first cruise I did with them, at the start of the cruise there were only half a dozen of us in the lounge listening to them. They virtually played songs by request......we would yell out a song and they would play it. By the end of the cruise, you could not get into the lounge it was that full.

They have the best rendition of Hotel California I have ever heard. They also did a stint during the day up on the open deck near the pool where they played for 2 hours straight with no break!!....great band.

CArnival Cruises have just released some cheap deals. I just booked on the 9 October on the Spirit - 8 nights for balcony guarantee for $1363 for 2 people.

That's a great price........Can I ask where you get that price from??...might come myself!

Ship Name:Carnival Spirit

Cruise Code:CS738

Departure Date:Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Cruise Name:South Pacific

Nights:11

Departing: Sydney

This is good buying.

Insides $774 pp

Balcony guarantee $1169 pp

Ship Name:Carnival Legend

Cruise Code:CG736N

Departure Date:Tuesday, 10 October 2017

Cruise Name:South Pacific

Nights:8

Departing: Sydney

Still have insides $562 pp

Balcony guarantee $682 pp

Thanks, Sarah.

We too, have now booked a bargain balcony guarantee for this cruise AND we're staying on board for the subsequent 11 night cruise. Our first time doing B2B and our first time on Carnival having sailed with RCI about a dozen times.

I look forward to meeting you on board.

Thanks, Sarah.

We too, have now booked a bargain balcony guarantee for this cruise AND we're staying on board for the subsequent 11 night cruise. Our first time doing B2B and our first time on Carnival having sailed with RCI about a dozen times.

I look forward to meeting you on board.

Great stuff. See you on board. 11 night trip look good but couldn't stretch it that far. Happy with 8 nights away.

We probably going to drive up and park long term at the airport in Sydney. Will be cheaper than $500 flights.

Maybe have a look at the wilsons park under the opera house too. We have parked there a few times, they have a cruise special at around $20pd, and a nice easy walk around to OPT.

Those 4 night cruises out of Cairns just got cheaper. Cairns - Whitsundays - Cairns on 12 September is now $145 pp twin share interior or $175 twin share obstructed ocean view. Cairns - Fraser Island - Cairns on 3 October $146 pp twin share interior, $175 twin share obstructed ocean view.

Brilliant prices if you can get there reasonably.

It's a shame that flights to Cairns are so expensive. It would cost over $1,000 for DW and me to fly there and back from Sydney. Of course, we don't have a national rail network in Australia but traveling to Cairns from Brisbane on the train is even more expensive than flying from Sydney. :eek:

Now, if I was P&O, I'd be talking to the airlines and I'd offer a fly/cruise package from various centres where there are higher populations.