G'day and probably goodbye.

You could take them on QM2 Mr Gut, 22 kennels on it. Did you not see them on your trip in March? I checked them out, no dogs in them, just excess baggage.

The kennels only operate on trans-Atlantic cruises so no doggy travellers for GUT unless pup can be classed as a service animal. :)

The kennels only operate on trans-Atlantic cruises so no doggy travellers for GUT unless pup can be classed as a service animal. :)

So as I was told when on QM2 in March, Syd-HK. When I went up and checked the dog area the kennels were full of excess baggage as the many Brits on board doing the 'Worldie' bring heaps of baggage, like 4 or 5 cases per person, or even more.:(

The doggie exercise area up top overlooks the 'Grills' sun deck. They all glare at you as you inadvertently peer over the rail at them. A bit snobby the Grills pax.

Thank you.

It's not the pain, I can handle that most of the time.

It's not even the falling down, though that does suck and causes more pain most of the time.

It's really the embarrassment that comes from the results of the falls.

You have probably seen a physiotherapist? A good one can really assist you to reduce the risk of falls and make you feel more confident and alleviate that awful embarrassment. Sorry this causes you more "pain".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I wasn't blunt enough it's not the embarrassment at falling, but the loss of control of some bodily functions when I fall (or sometimes when I don't) that causes embarrassment.

Is this a spinal cord injury? Just trying to suggest some options.

Is this a spinal cord injury? Just trying to suggest some options.

Yep.

Not just one unfortunately but many injuries. The latest being a few crush fractures throughout the spine.

Together with a nasty round of Osteomyelitis (bone infection) and now osteoporosis and a tumour in the spine.

All good fun. Trying a short cruise in October with either a wheelchair or walking frame (still haven't decided which yet) to see how that goes.

Yep.

Not just one unfortunately but many injuries. The latest being a few crush fractures throughout the spine.

Together with a nasty round of Osteomyelitis (bone infection) and now osteoporosis and a tumour in the spine.

All good fun. Trying a short cruise in October with either a wheelchair or walking frame (still haven't decided which yet) to see how that goes.

could you do both one for if need to get on a tender to hope off ship and chair for all other times ??

Gut, I also have the same "problem" mine is Cerebral Palsy related.

I received help with learning to manage it from my Local Community Health, they had someone specifically trained to help identify appropriate supplies to manage the condition. There is a scheme, not personally sure of the current eligibility for it.

I still have the occasional, "Oh Heck NO!" moment (YKWIM) but I took myself on a 3-night cruise Sydney-Melbourne and had no troubles. Mind you, the 1st suspicion of trouble, and I was checking my little map of the Golden Princess and toddling off to the nearest "facility" which was a really easy way to "explore" the ship!

Even Bass Strait doing it's rolling back and forward and side to side wasn't too difficult to manage, UNTIL silly me looked out of the window while attending the Platinum/Elite/Suite Function, I was in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite. I hastily finished my snack and retreated to the lower decks, wasn't seasick and slept like a log with the gentle rocking!

I use a Rollator walker for mobility-don't yet need a wheelchair. IIRC, Handicapped Accessible Balcony Cabins seem to be in the early 300's and very near the elevators. HTH.

could you do both one for if need to get on a tender to hope off ship and chair for all other times ??

The two nighter is a cruise to nowhere so one or other should suffice.

Taking both is a PITA as if I'm in the chair Mrs Gut has to juggle the frame and the luggage.

Not a fan of scooters, much prefer a power chair, can pull up to the table when I can't transfer.

But everything becomes a trade off

Well, put the tow bar on the power chair. :rolleyes: :D

Then get a small wagon to connect to it, pile all the baggage in that and Mrs Gut doesn't have to struggle with anything. :D :D :D

Well, put the tow bar on the power chair. :rolleyes: :D

Then get a small wagon to connect to it, pile all the baggage in that and Mrs Gut doesn't have to struggle with anything. :D :D :D

Wish it was that simple.

Tried a trolley before, just makes manoeuvring so hard.

Gut, I also have the same "problem" mine is Cerebral Palsy related.

I received help with learning to manage it from my Local Community Health, they had someone specifically trained to help identify appropriate supplies to manage the condition. There is a scheme, not personally sure of the current eligibility for it.

I still have the occasional, "Oh Heck NO!" moment (YKWIM) but I took myself on a 3-night cruise Sydney-Melbourne and had no troubles. Mind you, the 1st suspicion of trouble, and I was checking my little map of the Golden Princess and toddling off to the nearest "facility" which was a really easy way to "explore" the ship!

Even Bass Strait doing it's rolling back and forward and side to side wasn't too difficult to manage, UNTIL silly me looked out of the window while attending the Platinum/Elite/Suite Function, I was in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite. I hastily finished my snack and retreated to the lower decks, wasn't seasick and slept like a log with the gentle rocking!

I use a Rollator walker for mobility-don't yet need a wheelchair. IIRC, Handicapped Accessible Balcony Cabins seem to be in the early 300's and very near the elevators. HTH.

The continence scheme "CAPS" will provide over $500 a year for aids. Check it out! Your GP can refer you.

Luckily Mr Gut only drinks Diet Coke, could not have this happening to him.

Train delays: Motorised scooter drives onto tracks at Flinders Street Station

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/train-delays-motorised-scooter-drives-onto-tracks-at-flinders-street-station-20170823-gy2ozr.html

LOL but a bit sad at the same time.

Yep.

Sorry to hear that and applaud your attitude! I assume you know the pre existing insurance repercussions. Wishing you safe travels.

Sorry to hear that and applaud your attitude! I assume you know the pre existing insurance repercussions. Wishing you safe travels.

Yep, it's one of the reasons I've had to stop cruising (hopefully temporary) but it's unlikely that I'd need any emergency treatment unless I had a fall (my biggest fear currently). But as it's a loooooooong standing condition, just getting worse I've had that problem as long as I've been cruising.

I'll also have to start planning earlier and book accessible cabins if I ever get the OK to cruise again.

Yep, it's one of the reasons I've had to stop cruising (hopefully temporary) but it's unlikely that I'd need any emergency treatment unless I had a fall (my biggest fear currently). But as it's a loooooooong standing condition, just getting worse I've had that problem as long as I've been cruising.

I'll also have to start planning earlier and book accessible cabins if I ever get the OK to cruise again.

Hope you do cruise again!

Now Mr GUT, to keep your sea legs in tune, hop on ye olde Sydney Harbour Ferries, bit of an adventure sometimes on the Circular Quay - Manly trip. Parramatta River trip is very nice too. Decent meat pie, perhaps a Mrs Macs or Garlos sold on the ferries too, just for you !!

Above all, Enjoy !!!!!:halo:

Now Mr GUT, to keep your sea legs in tune, hop on ye olde Sydney Harbour Ferries, bit of an adventure sometimes on the Circular Quay - Manly trip. Parramatta River trip is very nice too. Decent meat pie, perhaps a Mrs Macs or Garlos sold on the ferries too, just for you !!

Above all, Enjoy !!!!!:halo:

Or the Stockton ferry in Newie, none on my lake anymore I don't think.