Avoid using mycruisephotos.com

Celebrity is a great company but mycruisephotos.com are letting them down.

The sad thing is The IMage Group and mycruisephotos.com are being used by Celebrity and others for Photographic services on board their ships... and you cannot avoid them completely... but avoid buying discsa or packages .. just buy the photographs you want

All

This is Buyer Beware....... Mycruisephotos.com has dreadful customer service... buy the hard copies onbard the ship and avoid getting a disc

Here is my story.....

I recently sailed to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit... that part was amazing, however I had the misfortune of having to come in contact with their onboard photo service run by The Image Group out of the Cayman Islands... there online presence is known as mycruisephotos.com.

Prior to the cruise I got an e-mail asking if I wished to purchase a photograph package for my cruise.. great I thought and duly ordered it on line. The money was taken from my credit card and I thought how simple it would be .. get the photographs taken... then at the end of the week collect the disc and go home.... how wrong I was.

On the afternoon before disembarkation I went along to check my folio of photographs only to find that a lot were missing... I checked at the desk and they assured me that all photographs would be on the system by 6:30 pm that evening.. I went along at 7:00 pm...Oh dear the missing photographs were still not showing.. I was then assured that it would only be a little while longer....I returned at 9:30pm and still the missing photographs... were still missing.. ah come back at 3:30 am they said and it would be ready....I returned at 6:00 am on the day of disembarkation... but still no disc and still the missing photographs had not made it to the server.

We are having technical issues I was told... and we will mail the disc and we will also confirm by e-mail that all the photographs made it.....mmm that was on June 30th and it is now August.. And still no disc... oh and no e-mails to confirm that the photographs made it to the disc.

The saga does not finish there...after a week of not hearing anything I contacted the Image group by both phone and e-mail... they said ..let us look into that and they did... then sent me an e-mail saying yes there was a problem... yes it has been posted and yes it will be with you shortly.... I am glad I did not hold my breath..

After another week I contacted the Image Group again to complain that I have not received anything... they assured me that it had been posted and that due to the holidays in Bermuda it was delayed... I asked that a customer service manager contact me... that did not happen either..

So next action was to write again and I also wrote to the Execs Office for Celebrity... I did get a call the next day from Celebrity.. who expressed their concern ... but advised that I need to keep in contact with The Image Group...

I was then told by the Image Group yes your disc was sent of ... and they gave me a tracking number.. the tracking number does not have a final destination address.. any way the tracking number showed that a package was posted... but no action .. I checked again a week later and it said was at customs... I thought getting excited it would soon be here...that was July 17th and as I write today this has not changed. .... I have had a quicker mail from China..

Ok as I sit here today ... I have sent more e-mails to the Image Group...but no response.... not even an apology for the further delay.. You send an e-mail and it pushes a further Ticket Number .. I think I have 5 different ones now... and as I write another has popped up... this must be a common occurrence for them as no one will give you a direct e-mail address...

The sad thing here is that the image Group seem to have Vendor of Choice for this service onboard Celebrity and RCl as well as a number of others carriers... Given the service they provide I would urge caution to the consumer and also suggest that the carriers review who the vendors.

Again I say that this is not directed at Celebrity Cruises.... but is directed towards a vendor who captures the moments onboard and turns them in to memories ... or in my case and I know of at least 28 others failed to do so

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

Dj-Brian-DView Public ProfileFind all posts by Dj-Brian-DAdd Dj-Brian-D to Your Contacts

• 2 weeks later...

oh my!!! I know how much of a treasure pics from any holiday are and to be thinking you are doing something that will make obtaining them easier only to run into a night mare! I do hope the package shows up with ALL of your pics. Was thinking of this for our Dec cruise and now will be thinking again...thank you for sharing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

on my recent Harmony of the Seas cruise, the photography experience was terrible, we had planned on purchasing the USB drive for the all digital package right from the beginning. We tried to take as many pictures as possible during the professional photography sessions. Out of our family photos almost half of them were terrible, either we had our eyes closed or the picture was very dark or they did not level the picture and it was slanted or diagonal. Such failure to pay attention to details was disappointing as it seemed that staff did not really care if our we had her eyes closed or not and if the pictures turned out well or not. This is the time that we were getting our family pictures /portraits done, and we paid a lot of money and it was mostly wasted. We are going to have to get her family portraits done elsewhere. I tried to get a refund since they were such unprofessional pictures and they offered 20% refund! and tried to edit a couple of the pics! Never again! RCCL quality overall has gone way down!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this review of the photographers on Royal Caribbean. I too have a cruise coming up very soon and was contemplating purchasing the disc. I actually was filling out the form last night and stopped when I read that the company was from Cayman Islands (not in the USA) and I would need to call my credit card company to see if I would be charged extra. I now know I made the right choice by not continuing the purchase. Yes, I know this is an old thread (except for the one above) but I still don't feel comfortable buying from them.

• 1 month later...

So sorry to the OP - I hope they eventually received their photos.

The methodology and technology has improved recently, in my experience. I pre-purchased an all inclusive photo package (on Celebrity reflection) using OBC in advance.

When I arrived on the ship, they were aware. I monitored hard copy of photos and saved them daily at their desk (they create a folio/envelope).

There were days where it took time for photos to get 'posted' to my account so you need to make sure your hard copies actually get posted to your account.

No more CDs or USBs - they email you a link after the cruise to download all your photos (which is why you need to make sure all your hard copies are posted to your shipboard account before you leave the ship). So you leave the ship with your hard copies and wait for an email. (this did worry me to be honest)

I received the email shortly after the cruise and successfully downloaded all photos.

Success story in my case. I would do this again.