Fishing in Freeport

CruisingRavyn

I'm trying to convince DH to take his first cruise with me and our DDs in January. He is an avid outdoorsman so I'm looking into a chartered fishing trip for our stop in Freeport. Anyone have any experience with the local charters? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...

Not sure what kind of fishing he enjoys but if its reef fishing I understand Capt Les has good reviews. Here's their website: http://lilbfishingbahamas.com/ There's a big difference between reef fishing and trolling so know that going in. If he's more likely to want to fish for big game than reef fishing is not what he's after.

I booked a trip with him upcoming in November.

I'm trying to convince DH to take his first cruise with me and our DDs in January. He is an avid outdoorsman so I'm looking into a chartered fishing trip for our stop in Freeport. Anyone have any experience with the local charters? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell him don't be a fool like me that went on my first cruise kicking and screaming. Finding a good place to fish may be difficult. I did have a couple of good days catching Wahoo off Bermuda and Aruba. I usually bring a travel spinning rod and caught weird fish in Grand Turk. Cruising a great Family event.