AARP rewards for good

I just found out that ANYONE can join AARP..you don't have to be "of age" at all!
I

Yup, had mine since I was 55. Find out all the benefits. Awesome (sing like an angel here). I've also learned lately that asking for VA benefits is a winner too. OMG. 15% at places like Home Depot, Loews, DIY, tons of places. I have NO problem telling people I'm old if it gets me $100 back on mly purchases.

• 1 month later...
I just found out that ANYONE can join AARP..you don't have to be "of age" at all!

True. Also, you don't have to be a member of AARP, or a senior citizen or anything else to have their Tax-Aide program do your income taxes (state and/or federal) every year either. There are a number of things that they are not allowed to do but as a general rule, no one is ineligible. One thing that you will need is a copy of your social security card (or your 1099-SSA) and a government issued photo ID card (drivers license, passport, etc.). Also, if you want to have a refund directly deposited to your checking account you will need a check (can be blank or used either one, (but NOT a deposit slip, that is not acceptable!)) And the return will be filed electronically unless you want to mail it in yourself, your choice.)

Tom

Royal Caribbean International Gift Certificate $100

Royal Caribbean International Gift Certificate $100

Royal Caribbean's cruise ships are among the most innovative and exciting in the travel industry. They've got it all, from rock-climbing, ice skating and zip lining, to elegant dining roo...more info

Retail Price:$100.00Points: – 1,000 You Pay: $90.00

(10% Savings)

Add To Cart

• 3 months later...
I

Yup, had mine since I was 55. Find out all the benefits. Awesome (sing like an angel here). I've also learned lately that asking for VA benefits is a winner too. OMG. 15% at places like Home Depot, Loews, DIY, tons of places. I have NO problem telling people I'm old if it gets me $100 back on mly purchases.

Home Depot and Loews discount is 10% not 15%.

Another thing about AARP is that they do taxes ever year (including e-filing) for free. Don't have to be an AARP member or even that old, as I've done them for high school students. There are some returns that they are unable to do but the vast majority are eligible. This tax year (2016 taxes) was AARP's 49th year of doing free taxes so they've been offering that service for awhile.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...