Perks for repeat customers: What does each line offer?

FuelScience

I thought it might be useful to start a thread that would describe all the benefits available to former cruisers for given lines. All or most lines have incentives to encourage their passengers to sail with them again, and first-time cruisers might be influenced by knowing what they could expect if they continue to use the same line.

So feel free to contribute and list the benefits you have (or haven’t) received as a repeat cruiser. If your line offers additional benefits based on the number of cruises taken make sure that you explain this clearly.

So I’ll start:

Avalon:

Must join Globus’s Journeys Club (free on-line registration).

5% discount on the “land only” portion of future cruises. We got this in addition to a 40% discount on our most recently booked cruise.

Access to Concierge Desk telephone number for cruise planning and booking.

On board: Welcome fruit tray, free drink, and member pin.

No obvious additional perks for more than one cruise.

We’ll be doing our second Avalon cruise in April, so we’ll see if they come through with the on board perks! Feel free to add or correct if your Avalon experience is different.

Avalon:

Must join Globus’s Journeys Club (free on-line registration).

5% discount on the “land only” portion of future cruises. We got this in addition to a 40% discount on our most recently booked cruise.

On board: Welcome fruit tray, free drink, and member pin.

I should note that these are perks for United States customers. I think that they may be different for those in the U.K.

Uniworld:

1. 5% discount on bookings. Can be combined with other promotions, on-board booking discount, early booking discount, etc. It used to be a fixed amount ($150 per person), but the 5% is new for 2017. The 5% comes off after the other discounts.

2. One bag of laundry per PERSON per week (not just per stateroom). The laundry bags are decent sized; we were able to fit several pairs of pants, a few shirts, and assorted small items.

3. Past cruisers' reception. These have been of variable quality, and on a line that is all-inclusive anyway, the added value is somewhat diminished. But, nice to have.

4. One-category upgrade (if available, doesn't get you into a suite, etc). Have never had this happen, as we have always booked the highest non-suite or an actual suite.

5. Complimentary in-room fruit platter. Not a big deal.

NB: Uniworld is part of Red Carnation (a hotel chain). If you've ever stayed in one of those properties, you can get at least some of these benefits, even if it's your first Uniworld cruise. We stayed a few nights at 41 in London back in 2008. When we did our first Uniworld cruise six years later, Uniworld had us in their system and offered some of these benefits (1,3) without us asking. All I had to do is send them a copy of my prior reservation at 41 to confirm. And being the inveterate packrat that I am, I had it. :rolleyes:

Caveat: only #1 seems to apply on Non-European cruises.

Caveat 2: These benefits can be combined with AMEX Platinum cruise privileges, and the AMEX benefits supposedly apply to non-European cruises as well. I will know for sure after the India cruise, but supposedly we're going to get $300 OBC, a bottle of sparkling wine, and a box of chocolates.

Edited by jpalbny

From the Avalon UK site. Journeys Club benefits are:

Avalon: UK

Discounts:

For your second cruise enjoy a £100 discount per couple on future booking

For your third cruise enjoy a £150 discount per couple on future bookings

For your fourth cruise or more cruise enjoy a £200 discount per couple on all future bookings

Onboard:

Tantalising fresh fruit platter in your stateroom

Onboard drinks voucher to welcome you onto your new Avalon adventure

A Journeys Club membership collectors pin exclusive to your ship

Avalon, Globus, Monograms & Cosmos are all part of the same company. If you have traveled with any of these companies you qualify for the Journeys programs & get discounts & perks with all companies. I've gotten the discount & fruit trays on land tours as well as cruises.

Uniworld:

1. 5% discount on bookings. Can be combined with other promotions, on-board booking discount, early booking discount, etc. It used to be a fixed amount ($150 per person), but the 5% is new for 2017. The 5% comes off after the other discounts.

2. One bag of laundry per PERSON per week (not just per stateroom). The laundry bags are decent sized; we were able to fit several pairs of pants, a few shirts, and assorted small items.

3. Past cruisers' reception. These have been of variable quality, and on a line that is all-inclusive anyway, the added value is somewhat diminished. But, nice to have.

4. One-category upgrade (if available, doesn't get you into a suite, etc). Have never had this happen, as we have always booked the highest non-suite or an actual suite.

While Uniworld is not obliged to offer #2-#5 on non-European cruises, they may choose to. On our Mekong cruise, all past cruisers received #2 and #3. The laundry bag was large enough for my husband and I to have all of our clothing laundered. I had our travel agent ask about #4, and it was given to us (the boat was not full). The room was exactly the same as the room category below it, but it was one deck higher. I think we also had #5.

Edited by ewizabeff
forgot a benefit :)

I would love to add the Viking perks for repeat cruisers.

But I'm embarrassed to say that currently it might just be a glass of red or white wine (but not both!) at the Explorer cocktail party.

The last one we went to we got snacks and a shot of Aquavit. We got to keep the Viking shot glasses!

FuelScience

Here's what I found on the Vantage web site:

Vantage:

After 1 trip

5% credit to apply to your next journey.

President's Club (After 3 Vantage trips)

FREE FlightChoice

Complimentary room and cabin upgrade (when available)

20 Euros laundry allowance per person (not on all ships)

10% off on all on-board purchases + bar, excluding gratuity

10% off on optional tours

Exclusive President's Club phone number: 1-800-833-0899

From the web site and postings

Viking (US) Explorer Society (automatic enrollment):

Silver Tier (After one trip)

Past Guest Travel Credit $200 per person if booked within one year of cruise, $100 if booked within two years

Members-only on board cocktail party

Exclusive Explorer Society phone number

Premier Tier (After 3 trips)

Complimentary Viking Air Plus services

Repeat river cruise guests receive a complimentary pre- or post- cruise stay of one night at the Tauck-selected hotel affiliated with the particular cruise. This perk applies only to reservations made far in advance. I forget how far exactly, but there is a "drop dead date" in the year before the cruise takes place.

These are in very nice hotels.

Enjoy,

AG

Here's what I found on the Vantage web site:

Vantage:

After 1 trip

5% credit to apply to your next journey.

President's Club (After 3 Vantage trips)

FREE FlightChoice

20 Euros laundry allowance per person (not on all ships)

10% off on all on-board purchases + bar, excluding gratuity

10% off on optional tours

5% credit expires after one year

IME 20 Euro laundry allowance on owned (not chartered) boats

IME 10% off on all on-board purchases on owned (not chartered) boats

IME 10% off on optional tours on ALL boats

Grand Circle Travel /Grand Circle Cruise Line / Overseas Adventure Travel

After 1 trip

Free personalized air

5% credit for next journey within 1 year; reduced to 3% during second year; then expired.

Inner Circle (After 3 GCT/GCCL/OAT [mix or match] trips)

$250 pp credit for each additional trip within a calendar year

Cocktail party

After 5 trips

6% credit for next journey within 1 year; reduced to 3% during second year; then expired.

After10 trips

$350 pp credit for each additional trip within a calendar year

Repeat river cruise guests receive a complimentary pre- or post- cruise stay of one night at the Tauck-selected hotel affiliated with the particular cruise. This perk applies only to reservations made far in advance. I forget how far exactly, but there is a "drop dead date" in the year before the cruise takes place.

These are in very nice hotels.

Enjoy,

AG

Thanks, I've been looking on line this morning, and I couldn't find anything on Tauck's web site.

AMA Waterways

Privilege Rewards: http://www.amawaterways.com/my-trip/loyalty-program

After one cruise: Blue

$100 per person discount

Privilege guest reception

After two cruises: Silver

Complimentary welcome amenity

Free airport transfers

$100 discount on a 1-category upgrade

After three Cruises: Gold

Complimentary 1-category upgrade

A-Rosa

https://www.a-rosa.de/en/river-cruises/my-a-rosa/kundenclub.html

Membership available online after two cruises

Free Parking in Cologne and Passau (only for "Premium all inclusive" bookings)

For two or more "Premium all inclusive bookings" per year, we will grant you a discount of 10% on the lower priced cruise (not to be combined with other discounts)

Exclusive Mini Group Discount of 10% for customer club members for groups of min. six full-playing adults who book the "Premium all inclusive" rate (not to be combined with other discounts)

Waiting list priority

A-ROSA Club Gift for joining the Club

On board:

One free A-ROSA Dining evening (cruises of 5+ nights)

50% discount on SPA-ROSA treatments (not to be combined with additional discounts)

20% discount on A-ROSA logo products in A-ROSA board shop

Exclusive ship's visit and tour with the Hotel Manager, Captain or Senior Technical Officer

Free Wi-Fi (subject to availability)

Exclusive Welcome Reception with Hotel Manager

Cabin greeting on the day of arrival

Birthday cake, if you celebrate your birthday onboard with us

Avalon

Globus Journeys Club: http://www.avalonwaterways.com/About-Journeys-Club/

Must join (free on-line registration) (Trips with Globus, Monograms & Cosmos all qualify for Journeys Club membership)

On board:

Welcome fruit tray, free drink, and member pin.

Avalon UK

Globus Journeys Club: http://avaloncruises.co.uk/jcsignup

For your second cruise enjoy a £100 discount per couple on future booking

For your third cruise enjoy a £150 discount per couple on future bookings

For your fourth cruise or more cruise enjoy a £200 discount per couple on all future bookings

Onboard:

Tantalising fresh fruit platter in your stateroom

Onboard drinks voucher to welcome you onto your new Avalon adventure

A Journeys Club membership collectors pin exclusive to your ship

Emerald

Emerald Explorer Loyalty Club (UK only ?): https://www.emeraldwaterways.co.uk/emerald-explorer

£100 discount on future cruises

Grand Circle

Inner Circle Club https://www.gct.com/grand-circle-difference/inner-circle-club/benefits

After first trip:

5% discount on next cruise

After two trips

Additional $250 credit for multiple trips in one year

Pre-trip gift

Priority luggage service

After 5 trips

6% discount on next cruise

After 10 trips

Additional $350 credit for multiple trips in one year

$100 credit for each new passenger referred

$200 reduced per-person rates on an OAT Private Adventure

Scenic:

Scenic Club https://www.scenicusa.com/why-scenic/scenic-club

After one trip: Scenic Club Gold

A $200 Thank You voucher to be redeemed on your next cruise or tour*

A $100 Share With A Friend voucher plus you will earn a $200 Referral Credit*

Scenic Club Gold luggage, which you’ll receive prior to every trip*

Member only offers on selected itineraries.

After 5 trips of 50 days travel: Scenic Club Platinum

Limousine transfers before and after you travel Alternatively, you can enjoy a complimentary night’s hotel stay if the limousine service is not available at your location or a $50 each way Transfer credit

A complimentary pre or post night’s hotel stay for trips of 20 days or more

Scenic Club Platinum wheel-on overnight bag and luggage selection prior to every trip*

After 10 trips or 100 days travel: Scenic Club Diamond

A Scenic Club Diamond fullsized suitcase or a $100 Visa card prior to each departure*

Scenic Club Diamond trolley bag and selection of luggage prior to every trip*

An extended distance allowance for the chauffeur-driven limousine service.*

Exclusive Scenic Club Diamond offers

Access to exclusive member only wonder itineraries

Tauck

Free one-night pre- or post-cruise stay at Tauck-selected hotel (requires early booking)

Uniworld

River Heritage Club: https://www.uniworld.com/en/already-booked/river-heritage-club/

NB: Uniworld is part of Red Carnation (a hotel chain). If you've ever stayed in one of those properties, you can get at least some of these benefits, even if it's your first Uniworld cruise. We stayed a few nights at 41 in London back in 2008. When we did our first Uniworld cruise six years later, Uniworld had us in their system and offered some of these benefits (1,3) without us asking. All I had to do is send them a copy of my prior reservation at 41 to confirm. And being the inveterate packrat that I am, I had it.

Caveat 2: These benefits can be combined with AMEX Platinum cruise privileges, and the AMEX benefits supposedly apply to non-European cruises as well. I will know for sure after the India cruise, but supposedly we're going to get $300 OBC, a bottle of sparkling wine, and a box of chocolates.

Vantage

President’s Club: http://www.vantagetravel.com/whyvantage/waystosave/presidentsclub

After 1 trip

5% credit to apply to your next journey (expires after one year)

After 3 Vantage trips: President’s Club

FREE FlightChoice

20 Euros laundry allowance per person on owned (not chartered) ships

10% off on all on-board purchases + bar, excluding gratuity on owned (not chartered) ships

10% off on optional tours on all ships

Viking

Viking Explorer Society: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/why-viking/community/index.html

Silver Tier (After one trip)

Past Guest Travel Credit $200 per person if booked within one year of cruise, $100 if booked within two years

Members-only on board cocktail party

Exclusive Explorer Society phone number (So exclusive, I was never given this number or would know what to do with it)

Premier Tier (After 3 trips)

Complimentary Viking Air Plus services

The previous post lists all the repeat cruiser "perks" I've found so far. Most came off web sites, but some are from your earlier posts. Take a look, and if you see anything wrong, or if your experience is different please post. Also, if I've missed your favorite, tell us about it's program!