Anyone cruising out of Mobile recently?

cruise.love

I have never taken a cruise out of Mobile. What is the earliest flight time you recommend taking after disembarking in Mobile without stressing? How are the customs there? How is it taking a taxi to the airport? I have taken taxis at Ft Lauderdale after cruises and it was always quick with plenty to pick up cruisers. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Taxi can be less than $40 + tip for up to six passengers (can reserve in advance and I would recommend it, do web search for companies) to go the approximately 19 miles from port to airport. Time should be 45 minutes or so. Debarkation varies, but using a porter definitely saves time here. I will plan at least two hours in addition to airline check-in time just to be on the safe side. At at little over an hour and $152 you can reach Pensacola airport and fares might be lower enough to make it worth your while. If you have the time, the sugar white sand beaches of Gulf Shores, historic Grand Hotel on Mobile Bay in Point Clear or history, museums, clubs and dining of downtown make staying an extra day in the area worth it. For downtown hotels, I can recommend a couple, pm if interested.:)

Thank you so much for your help, it is very nice of you.

There is no line-up of taxis at Port of Mobile? I am wondering how to reserve a taxi since I do not know at what time I will be through customs.

Thank you so much for your help, it is very nice of you.

There is no line-up of taxis at Port of Mobile? I am wondering how to reserve a taxi since I do not know at what time I will be through customs.

Google Mobile Bay Transportation. They run airport shuttles in Mobile and Pensacola, and also own Yellow Cab in Mobile. Give them a call.

• 2 months later...
Got off Fantasy Thursday and customs officials forgot to show up. Only two for all those passengers. No more customs forms handed out the night before. While our cruise was lovely, we won't be sailing out of Mobile again.

Sorry you had a bad experience! Thanks for sharing.

Were there taxis waiting at the port?

Sorry you had a bad experience! Thanks for sharing.

Were there taxis waiting at the port?

Don't remember seeing any taxis; just a lot of hotel shuttle vans. I am sure there must have been an airport shuttle or two BUT I really did not pay attention as we were just trying to get to our car and on the road.

• 2 weeks later...