Just missed booking with Kids Sail Free (RCCL)...

tlgb2005

I don't have any personal knowledge of this, but others have posted on this forum that the base rate on the kids sail free is higher, so the promotion wasn't as valuable as they had hoped for. I honestly don't know since I've never sailed RC (I hope to - we just sail according to mostly itinerary so haven't gotten around to it.)

Would you be able to book now and rebook if ksf comes back prior to final deadline? Or does that promotion only apply to new bookings?

If you have 2-3 kids, inwould say kids sale free promotion is always better. I've booked 3 cruises for our family of 5 and the KSF promos always save over other sales. What do is I book with the best sale at the time in order to secure the room that I want. And then I just price adjust when the sale comes up. That being said, this was before the whole entire refundable / non refundable thing created to price categories. The. KSF has always saved me about $1000 for my 3 kids to put things in perspective.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I have 2 kids and the KSF promo is what I've used to book my past 2 cruises. It saves us a lot. We booked this years cruise on the cruise we were on last year and then once they ran the KSF promo it saved us about $1100. If we were to try and book right now it would be around 2000 more than with the KSF promo. Just keep checking and hopefully they will run again.

Something else to consider is taking a look at what MSC is offering next spring. They have new ships coming out and kids always sail free (if 2 adults in room). I am a big Royal Caribbean fan, but when we were pricing out options for spring break next year, the options on MSC Seaside (which will be new and looks amazing!) were significantly cheaper. On a head-to-head comparison with Harmony, the savings was about $1500.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that promo comes back for all class ships! I'm kicking myself for not booking in June. My screenshot from the KSF promotion in June is $1,000 less than we would pay today for the same cruise. Hard to book knowing that! We were going on the Sept 24 '17 Liberty OTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto, we are giving MSC a try for this reason too.

Something else to consider is taking a look at what MSC is offering next spring. They have new ships coming out and kids always sail free (if 2 adults in room). I am a big Royal Caribbean fan, but when we were pricing out options for spring break next year, the options on MSC Seaside (which will be new and looks amazing!) were significantly cheaper. On a head-to-head comparison with Harmony, the savings was about $1500.

** cross posted**

Any thoughts on if and when this promo will come around again? For the sailing that we are looking at (next Spring), it would have saved us over 1k.

Thanks!

This promotion is back! Go to this thread on cruise critic for more info and a link to the sale- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2528487&highlight=kids+sail+free. Good luck!