Pre cruise stay in Galveston

Hutcherl

Sailing on Liberty of the Seas in June 2018. First time sailing out of Galveston. Not looking for upscale, just something descent and clean and with port shuttle. The closer to the port, the better. Would be nice if within walking distance to restaurants. Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to AirBNB route for my pre-cruise stay in October. First time I tried it but for the same price or less as a basic hotel you get an apartment with kitchen, etc. Obviously no shuttle so we'll have to taxi or Uber but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.

I'm going to AirBNB route for my pre-cruise stay in October. First time I tried it but for the same price or less as a basic hotel you get an apartment with kitchen, etc. Obviously no shuttle so we'll have to taxi or Uber but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.

There are tourist trolleys to/from all major attractions , areas and sight. This summer is free .

Better hotels have free transfer buses vans for tourist destinations.

Harbor House Hotel is right next to the cruise pier. Be aware most hotels in Galveston have a 2 night minimum on weekends. Sometimes if you call direct, you can get for 1 night and cheaper then online.

Thanks all! Online, Harbor House is showing no rooms for our June 2018 cruise. I guess it's possible to be fully booked. Maybe it's because I only entered one night stay in the search. I will call them. With Harbor House being next to the pier, do you literally just walk with your luggage straight to the terminal?

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying at the galvez. We used to choose the la Quinta but the last two times the place was horrid. Galvez only required one night.

Marriott

Doubletree

San Luis

Hilton

Holiday Inn Resort

Moody Gardens

Galvez

Harbor House

Tremont

Have their own transfer buses

although most of those hotels have a "2 night minimum" most every one of them drops that requirement periodically as I've stayed one night at Moody Gardens, the Tremont, and the Holiday Inn Resort in recent years. So keep looking. Its a rather tedious game you have to play every year. I usually stay at a Houston 4 or 5 star on Friday Nite for about $100-120 on Friday Night and then make the easier drive down to Galveston on Saturday morning for my Galveston Saturday Nite hotel. Example the Omni in Houston is $99 right now. Try to check in early but if not ready I just check my bags and hit the pool until its ready

If you want just a decent place to stay the night before, without buying stock, Inn At The Waterpark. You can get the cruise package, and sign up for their shuttle. I use it when I want to go down a day early.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone but I rebooked to a Oasis cruise out of port canaveral. The savings on a cheaper fare on the LOS got ate up by the inflated expenses of hotel, transportation and increased air fare(from PA) from sailing out of Galveston.

We stay at Moody Gardens, no two night minimum and they have a shuttle. Inn at the Waterpark also has a shuttle and no minimum stay.

we have stayed at Inn at the Waterpark 3 times enjoyed it, simple place, nice people

We were booked in Moody Gardens at a good rate , had to cancel at last minute since flight was canceled and even though they had a policy that we had to cancel 48 hours in advance not to be charged, they did not charge us since flight was canceled, will stay here on next trip

Thanks all! Online, Harbor House is showing no rooms for our June 2018 cruise. I guess it's possible to be fully booked. Maybe it's because I only entered one night stay in the search. I will call them. With Harbor House being next to the pier, do you literally just walk with your luggage straight to the terminal?

Harbor House isn't booking that far out. They just started booking early 2018 recently. All I will say is book something soon, refundable if need be. They fill up quickly on the island as Galveston is a Texas beach town more than it is a cruising town.

Harbor House isn't booking that far out. They just started booking early 2018 recently. All I will say is book something soon, refundable if need be. They fill up quickly on the island as Galveston is a Texas beach town more than it is a cruising town.

Not only is Galveston Island a beach town with 32 miles of beach , a cruise port, a nature tourism destination, a historically significant town, a host to many special events and festivals, the island has two first class convention centers. So even with new hotels being planned and built on the mainland and on the island, circumstantially on certain nights and weekends, room supply and demand can still be tight. Six and an half million tourists visited the island last year.

Edited by ssb