New Orleans cruise

legalgirl

• 1 month later...

I was looking at those cruises that call putting you up in a hotel as one day of the cruise, and found it, frankly off putting. I like to make my own choices of a hotel and actually live close enough to New Orleans to easily get there with a short flight the morning of departure, Being forced to pay for a hotel room you might not like, want or need is the reason I decided against the river trip.

It works very well for most people who fly from a distance and do not want to run the risk of a delayed flight causing them to miss the trip. Perhaps if you asked they would give you a credit if you do not use the hotel night, assuming you arrange this in advance.

At the hotel You do all the checking in, can change dining options and receive Your cruise card so at the boat You just walk on. We stayed at the Radison Blu at Mall Of America in St Paul then bussed to Red Wing.

Just finished Red Wing To NOLA 23 day cruise.

We missed this year's MSP-NOLA cruise, we were "Waitlisted" for an inside cabin but never cleared list.

A few questions for you

How long of a ride was it to REDWING?

How did you like that itinerary?

Would you do that long of a Cruise again?

So I don't get accused of hijacking the thread

We like the 1st night in the hotel thing, somewhere in the fine print of the contract I think it says you can get a credit for the unused hotel room

from Radison Blu to Redwing on the bus was probably 45 minutes mostly in farm country. We stepped off the bus and right onto the boat with only swiping our card.

The itinerary was good as We stopped in a different town each day except couldn't get to Dover because of bridge construction.

We like longer cruises as it gives a chance to really settle in and develop a rhythm of lifestyle.

We really liked the hotel stay as it gave a chance to do all the checking in and no worry about missed flights, etc.

If You want to start a new thread, I will be willing to answer questions & comments on specifics.

• 4 weeks later...
I was looking at those cruises that call putting you up in a hotel as one day of the cruise, and found it, frankly off putting. I like to make my own choices of a hotel and actually live close enough to New Orleans to easily get there with a short flight the morning of departure, Being forced to pay for a hotel room you might not like, want or need is the reason I decided against the river trip.

No need to be off put by the hotel. You can apply for a credit if you don't use the hotel.