From ship to cruise port....transportation????

MAKINGWAVES

If this is of any help to you on Nassau after you leave the ship there is a covered walkway toward the town/shops that has places to sit along the way. If you have mobility issues then Grand Turk is a killer. The walkway after leaving the ship is nearly 2000 feet long. At one point I would have paid $100 for someone to take me back to the ship. I now have a scooter, thank God. HMC is a tender island but there is some considerable walking to get to the beach. I have not been to Amber Cove yet but I have seen pictures and its another long pier. I will be going to these same ports in 2 weeks on the Carnival Splendor.

Nassau, Grand Turk, HMC, and Amber cove: I'm trying to find out if any of these have the young men with the bicycle type transportation to take you to the cruise port. We've used this at cozumel and it worked out great!

When I was in Amber Cove in April, and Grand Turk a couple of years ago, I did not see any transport between the ship and the tourist area, just long docks. Both places are very similar with jewelry, craft shops, souvenir shops, tshirt places, Margaritaville or margaritaville type restaurants. They both seemed rather new and sterile, but, maybe have more landscapińg by now........

Sent from my iPad using Forums