Baltic Cruise Daytime Dress

VegasTW

Hi all,

What type of clothes would you recommend for daytime sea days / port days on a Baltic itinerary? I've read that the weather can range from cool to hot and that layering is advised. Do people wear jeans during the day? Seems to me that would make the most sense. Don't worry, I know that there are no jeans after 6... don't want to start that argument on this thread. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can wear pretty much anything that you want to during the day -- shorts, jeans, etc. You may want to check the weather for the areas that you will be visiting. Also, when you book excursions, sometimes they have recommendations for the clothing/shoes, etc.)

We just returned from the Baltics on Royal Caribbean. We were there from July 9-21. We wore jeans on shore. The weather was pretty much in the mid 60's to low 70's. Seems that most people we saw in the ports were also in jeans. But check the weather. Layering is advised. We had some cool mornings leading to warm days. I mostly carried a light weight jacket and wore short sleeve shirts. There were days I didn't wear the jacket, and days I didn't take it off. Also make sure to take rain gear. Can get pretty wet up there at times. My jacket was rain resistant and I carried a small umbrella. I will say, the Baltics were like Seattle. If you don't like the weather forecast, check again in an hour because it will have changed. :)

Edited by papaflamingo

It's also going to depend on what you're used to weather-wise. If you're in Vegas, the Baltics may feel a bit cool. Coming from a cooler climate you'll probably be comfortable. It will also depend on what excursions you're doing - many churches require long pants/dresses to enter.

Our last trip to the Baltics just happened to be in the middle of a massive heat wave about 6-7 years ago. And believe it when I say that they're not at all prepared for a long stretch of hot weather! Unless we were doing a nice dinner or going to the ballet, I was in shorts - and still hot. Of course, I was living in Colorado at the time so I was more acclimated to the colder weather.

I've been looking at the extended forecast (Aug 21-31) and it looks like upper 60s to lower 70s (mostly 60s, though) with possible showers many days. But as papaflamingo said, 'subject to change'. ;p

I am not a jean person. Outside of Russia i wore everything from shorts to pants. once in Russia i wore closed shoes and a jacket two days and one was so warm after i brought a dress i wore it to dinner with sandals