when to celebrate BIRTHDAY!

RJ2002

We are traveling on a Regent ship in early November.

My husband is celebrating his birthday on the same day that we board.

We both would prefer to dine in a specialty restaurant on one of the two Sea Days which follow embarkation. Our preference would be to dine in Prime 7 (either night).

We are staying in a PH B Suite, so I know we have some priority in making reservations.

My question for Regent regulars:

Is there some person or office that I should contact in advance of embarkation, to alert them of this situation? I know everyone has birthdays, but this one falls on an awkward day... embarkation day. :confused:

Have you set up your account yet online in the Regent web site?

Since you are traveling in a Penthouse suite you can pre order drinks and snacks, pillow and bedding choice,newspapers and also name a date for a special celebration. That would allow your butler and cabin staff to decorate your suite and a cake and bottle of chilled fizz for you to enjoy, usually done while you are at dinner.

I would also ask your TA to inform Regent who will in turn note this on your booking and you will have confirmation on your pre cruise documentation.

You can pre book your specialty dining when the date becomes available and this is on your account that you set up. Along with your special date, dining reservations and your chosen excursions this will all be on your ore cruise documentation. If you encounter any problems booking any of the above you are also able to phone Regent directly or again ask your TA on your behalf to contact them.

I am sure others may explain it better than myself, but we have never had any problems arranging it all ourselves online. Rest assured they will ensure you have a wonderful cruise and your husband has a birthday to remember. Have a great cruise. Jean.

As liptastic says, note the date on the website and let the Regent office know as well.

When specifying the date, choose the day/date that you would both like to celebrate the birthday.

When you board, remind your Butler and let him know of any special requests for that day.

Have a great cruise and an enjoyable birthday celebration :)

I'd suggest you do the specialty reservation the second sea day. The evening of the first sea day after embarkation is usually the captain's welcome aboard, and the menu in Compass Rose is usually something special that evening. Though, of course, CR is also more crowded as a result, and everyone seems to hit the door at the same time.

We've booked our first Regent cruise to celebrate a milestone birthday for my DH. Can anyone tell me what Regent usually does, if anything, for birthdays? I know they will have his birth date on file and I'm wondering if they usually do something over dinner or if that is only by request. My DH wouldn't be happy with a bunch of people singing happy birthday in the dining room but might enjoy something less public such as a treat in our stateroom.

If anyone can tell me how Regent does/doesn't do birthdays that would be terrific. And please let me know if there is anything I need to do either in advance or on the ship to avoid a public acknowledgement but perhaps have something private in place.

Thanks!

I had my first birthday onboard a cruise last April. Suite was decorated with banners and balloons, a clever towel animal was wearing my sunglasses and there was a cake. No fuss in the dining room (for which I was grateful). Regent isn't Chili's or the like with singing waiters.

Some years ago we were onboard for my wife's birthday, and Captain Dag came by...but then that was Captain Dag.

So, don't expect (or fear) some public display. Low key, but nice. And, since it's his birthday, he can have two desserts...oh wait, you can do that every night!