Using An Uber/Lyft

natlteam10

Does anyone have any experience using Uber/Lyft to get from the hotel to the terminal? Our hotel offers free parking and an Uber would only be $6 each way to the terminal. This would be much cheaper than cruise parking. However I am concerned as to whether or not all our luggage would fit in a normal Uber.

Generally, when you order an Uber or Lyft, you can select the size of vehicle you want. Larger vehicles will cost more. If you are currently in a city that has Uber, do a mock booking and you'll see the choices of vehicles available.

I used Uber exclusively on a trip to Orlando last May, and it worked out really well for me. My sister and I only had one bag each, so we could select the smaller cars, but there was always the option to select a larger one.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any experience using Uber/Lyft to get from the hotel to the terminal? Our hotel offers free parking and an Uber would only be $6 each way to the terminal. This would be much cheaper than cruise parking. However I am concerned as to whether or not all our luggage would fit in a normal Uber.

We just got back from an Alaska cruise, and believe it or not we used Uber and fit 2 huge suitcases and 2 carry on bags in a Prius and Nissan Versa. We did put one carry on in the car with us. This was the cheapest Uber rate.