Resort day passes

Timbo41

I have done Melia which is right next to Breezes, and the beach strip is wonderful. However, I know Sandals and Breezes both charge a lot of money for their day passes, and if youy are coming on the Escape, if I'm not mistaken, you have a port stop from 12-7, so you will likely not get to the beach until 12:45 at the earliest, and considering you have to be onboard at 6:30, it would make sense to leave no later than 5:45. If you would like to pay the money for 5 hours, then I understand. But, if youi would just like to the go the beach without having to pay that much money for a reduced day, I would recommend just taking the Public Bus #10 to the public access part of Cable Beach, and laying out your towel for a few hours, and then making your way back to the ship later. But the resorts of the Bahamas are stunning, plus with the amenities and pool access, you can't go wrong with either choice.

You also have Junkanoo Beach on the opposite side of the British Colonial Hilton that you can visit as well, and it is within walking distance. You can easily lay your towels out there for some great views of the ships.

I hope you have a great cruise!

I have done Melia which is right next to Breezes, and the beach strip is wonderful. However, I know Sandals and Breezes both charge a lot of money for their day passes, and if youy are coming on the Escape, if I'm not mistaken, you have a port stop from 12-7, so you will likely not get to the beach until 12:45 at the earliest, and considering you have to be onboard at 6:30, it would make sense to leave no later than 5:45. If you would like to pay the money for 5 hours, then I understand. But, if youi would just like to the go the beach without having to pay that much money for a reduced day, I would recommend just taking the Public Bus #10 to the public access part of Cable Beach, and laying out your towel for a few hours, and then making your way back to the ship later. But the resorts of the Bahamas are stunning, plus with the amenities and pool access, you can't go wrong with either choice.

You also have Junkanoo Beach on the opposite side of the British Colonial Hilton that you can visit as well, and it is within walking distance. You can easily lay your towels out there for some great views of the ships.

I hope you have a great cruise!

Agree with Oceans...we have done Junkanoo Beach...it's a short walk from the cruise ship terminal. We also tried Breezes. Loved it. Took public bus to and from the downtown, so if you do that, make sure you check the return schedule so you've got enough time to get to the ship.

We just got back from Nassau and did Breezes. We loved it. For $80pp, there was plenty of drinks to choose from and they were great! The beach was perfect, with nice clear water. We snorkeled and followed a sea turtle as it munched on some grass. We did the Kayaks and paddle boats. They had great conch fritters at the grill, and a nice buffet. Brought my own cup for drinks, which was nice and they gladly filled. We took a taxi there, which was $16 for the two of us, and took the bus back with was only $1.25pp and the locals on board were so nice. Bus took no longer than cab, and comes every 5-10 minutes according to the front desk staff. Highly recommend!

We just got back from Nassau and did Breezes. We loved it. For $80pp, there was plenty of drinks to choose from and they were great! The beach was perfect, with nice clear water. We snorkeled and followed a sea turtle as it munched on some grass. We did the Kayaks and paddle boats. They had great conch fritters at the grill, and a nice buffet. Brought my own cup for drinks, which was nice and they gladly filled. We took a taxi there, which was $16 for the two of us, and took the bus back with was only $1.25pp and the locals on board were so nice. Bus took no longer than cab, and comes every 5-10 minutes according to the front desk staff. Highly recommend!

Who did you book this through? Interested in doing this in November.

We are doing this on Christmas Day with our two teenagers, and I can't wait! I am so glad to hear that you had a great day there.

Who did you book this through? Interested in doing this in November.

There are a few places that do this, try resortforaday.com. Also, if you just search Day Pass Breezes Nassau, you will find places.

Breezes or the Hilton? We have kids and tough to swallow that a big a price ?

Where does the #10 bus pick up?

Does Cable Beach have chairs/food/drinks?

How old are the kids? At Breezes you must be 14. When we go, my oldest will be 19, and will be drinking so the $$ will be well spent. The other will be almost 15, and I do kind of choke on that one, since he won't be drinking, but when he decides to eat, he can out eat any of us!! So maybe I will make out on the deal!!!

where exactly is the bus stop by the port? Thanks!

Two more questions about the Breezes day pass for anyone who knows:

1. Can I wait until the day we dock to decide to go to Breezes and buy day passes there? (I'd rather not buy a families-worth of tickets ahead of time with the risk of non-beach weather (late December). Is this refundable at all?)

2. How does the hotel enforce the age 14+?

Thanks in advance!

Two more questions about the Breezes day pass for anyone who knows:

1. Can I wait until the day we dock to decide to go to Breezes and buy day passes there? (I'd rather not buy a families-worth of tickets ahead of time with the risk of non-beach weather (late December). Is this refundable at all?)

2. How does the hotel enforce the age 14+?

Thanks in advance!

I would say not to wait. Booked mine today for our November cruise and ended up calling because I didnt get the email confirmation that was supposed to be sent. The woman on the phone stated "wow good thing you booked this morning, you got the last 2 passes for that day". Sooooo I definitely wouldnt wait and risk going there and it being sold out. I also asked about the 14 thing. My son is 14. Everyone needs to bring ID. I will be bringing his passport.

I would say not to wait. Booked mine today for our November cruise and ended up calling because I didnt get the email confirmation that was supposed to be sent. The woman on the phone stated "wow good thing you booked this morning, you got the last 2 passes for that day". Sooooo I definitely wouldnt wait and risk going there and it being sold out. I also asked about the 14 thing. My son is 14. Everyone needs to bring ID. I will be bringing his passport.

I also plan on bringing my 14 year old's passport. He doesn't have any other ID with a birthdate on it, so I figure I wanted to be safe, and not sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Nassau two weeks ago and did Breezes. I think I paid $75 each through bookatourcaribbean.com and it was well worth the money. My kids are 20, 16, and 15, and they had a blast. The beach was nice and clean, and the kids took paddleboards out for awhile which was a lot of fun. They had a nice mix of activities and quiet time by the pool. We brought our own tumblers for drinks as the cups they had were very small; the line did move fast but I would definitely recommend you bring your own. We went indoors for the buffet at lunch and all liked the food, and it was very clean.

We took the #10 bus right from the port. I think it was $1.50 per person, each way.

We were in Nassau two weeks ago and did Breezes. I think I paid $75 each through bookatourcaribbean.com and it was well worth the money. My kids are 20, 16, and 15, and they had a blast. The beach was nice and clean, and the kids took paddleboards out for awhile which was a lot of fun. They had a nice mix of activities and quiet time by the pool. We brought our own tumblers for drinks as the cups they had were very small; the line did move fast but I would definitely recommend you bring your own. We went indoors for the buffet at lunch and all liked the food, and it was very clean.

We took the #10 bus right from the port. I think it was $1.50 per person, each way.

Thanks for this info. Booked for November with my teenage son. Where exactly was the #10 bus stop by the port? Was it obvious where the stop was by Breezes or did you tell the driver where you wanted to stop?

You walk out the gate and to the main street. Take a right and walk to the straw market. Look across the street and will see the buses. make sure you get on #10 and not #10A Tell driver to let you know when you get to breezes. If uncomfortable about that sit right behind him. have exact change. I usually give $2.00 per person. Cheaper then taxi.

We used bookatourcaribbean when we went to Breezes in August. We paid a deposit to hold our spot, and then paid the balance at the front desk when we got there. It was $5 cheaper than what we would have paid at the front desk if we had just walked in, and I liked knowing we had the reservation as I have heard that they do sometimes sell out. The #10 bus was super easy, left from the corner of George Street just past the Straw Market, and let us off right across from the entrance into Breezes.

I don't know how they enforce the 14 and over - I did have my son's passport with me but they didn't ask for proof of age. My teens were probably the youngest kids there - there were a few other families with kids that looked 17-18 but it was mostly couples. My kids did have a blast there though.

Does anyone know if the Wyndham Resort there next to Melia still offers day passes? We went back in 2014 so been a few years.. I'll be bringing my daughter there in a few weeks on a cruise and want to go back there. Also does bus 10 take you that direction as well? We did that but again its been years and I don't remember. Thank you. I just remember it was easy to get to and back and was a fun day to spend at the beach. thanks!

Does anyone know if the Wyndham Resort there next to Melia still offers day passes? We went back in 2014 so been a few years.. I'll be bringing my daughter there in a few weeks on a cruise and want to go back there. Also does bus 10 take you that direction as well? We did that but again its been years and I don't remember. Thank you. I just remember it was easy to get to and back and was a fun day to spend at the beach. thanks!

I think the Wyndham was turned into another resort (that doesn't offer passes), #10 still there.

I think the Wyndham was turned into another resort (that doesn't offer passes), #10 still there.

ok are there any resorts that do that are cheap and I can take my daughter? otherwise we will do the beach close to the port. don't want breezes or anything.. we paid $15 pp back when we went.. wish Atlantis wasn't so expensive I would totally take her there. . was there years ago and had a blast. last min cruise so tight budget lol

ok are there any resorts that do that are cheap and I can take my daughter? otherwise we will do the beach close to the port. don't want breezes or anything.. we paid $15 pp back when we went.. wish Atlantis wasn't so expensive I would totally take her there. . was there years ago and had a blast. last min cruise so tight budget lol

I think Melia is the cheapest, $45? I remember when the Sheraton was $25, and the Hilton $15!