AMA- Amsterdam hotel?

phabric

I will be on AMA doing the Tulip Time river cruise out of Amsterdam. I am doing their pre cruise hotel stay.

Any idea which hotel they use?

Anybody stayed that this hotel?

Any restaurants, sights here the hotel?

While it is my observation that AMA reserves a block of rooms at a single hotel--varying based upon boat and trip embarkation date--for those who are doing a pre-cruise land tour through them, it is also my observation that they have relationships with multiple hotels in their "land tour/origin" cities and that those relationships can/do change from time to time...

While it may be somewhat early for a cruise that is likely seven/eight months away, I would phone AMA to pose your inquiry to them directly in terms of your specific itinerary/travel dates and, if they don't yet know the specifics for you, ask when it is advisable to call back... Responses that you receive here are apt to be indicative of the personal experiences of guests who embarked or will soon be embarking in Amsterdam but are not necessarily indicative of the personal experience that you will have...

Though I chose to do my pre-cruise touring independently, I did purchase transfers from their pre-cruise hotels [i joined those who had done pre-cruise land tours with AMA] in Prague [to Vilshofen] and in Lucerne [to Basel] to the boats...

I recently completed my first two river cruises--both with AMA--and was very impressed... I expect that you will be too...

We did two nights on our own in Amsterdam prior to a Rhine cruise in November. I think that the cruise lines may vary their blocks of rooms based on the time of year and volume. In November I believe that Ama was using either the Movenpick City Center that is very close to docking location for the ship, but they also were using the Radisson Blu further south in the middle of town on Rusland.

Both are in the city and with Trams and a very walkable city, the locations are good.

We loved Amsterdam and having three nights there (with the first night on the boat, included), we thought it was a great start to a great trip for us.

Have fun,

Jeff

I recently completed my first two river cruises--both with AMA--and was very impressed... I expect that you will be too...

Hi Xport,

My wife and I are considering our 1st river cruise. We are leaning toward AMA. Did you book your two AMA cruises directly with them, and if so, would you please share any tips? If you prefer, my email address is bmprevost(at)comcast(dot)net.

Thank you.

Brian

Hi Xport,

My wife and I are considering our 1st river cruise. We are leaning toward AMA. Did you book your two AMA cruises directly with them, and if so, would you please share any tips? If you prefer, my email address is bmprevost(at)comcast(dot)net.

Thank you.

Brian

Good morning, Brian...

I didn't see your post until last night and will gladly share my AMA booking experiences with you; given how I tend to do things, they were fairly innocuous... In addition, I'll provide you with a lengthy excerpt from a note [perhaps way too much information for you; by all means, skip it if you wish] that I sent to a number of ocean cruise friends last month who were eager to hear about my trip and who are also considering a first river cruise; it provides my observations about/impressions of river cruising [largely on a comparative basis to ocean cruising] in general and AMA [very favorable] in particular...

Unfortunately, I'm headed out within the hour for a weekend get-away and won't have opportunity to send you an e-mail before leaving... Just know that I'll do my best to get it out to you by Monday or Tuesday...

Best regards,

--Mike

Good morning, Brian...

I didn't see your post until last night and will gladly share my AMA booking experiences with you; given how I tend to do things, they were fairly innocuous... In addition, I'll provide you with a lengthy excerpt from a note [perhaps way too much information for you; by all means, skip it if you wish] that I sent to a number of ocean cruise friends last month who were eager to hear about my trip and who are also considering a first river cruise; it provides my observations about/impressions of river cruising [largely on a comparative basis to ocean cruising] in general and AMA [very favorable] in particular...

Unfortunately, I'm headed out within the hour for a weekend get-away and won't have opportunity to send you an e-mail before leaving... Just know that I'll do my best to get it out to you by Monday or Tuesday...

Best regards,

--Mike

Could you post it so others can read it also.

Hi Xport,

Thank you.

Brian

Hi Brian, I took my first River Cruise with AMA last year and it was fabulous:D........I wrote a lengthy review which is

located in the "Member Reviews" section if you want to read it. After many ocean cruises I really LOVED this one.:D

Hi Brian, I took my first River Cruise with AMA last year and it was fabulous:D........I wrote a lengthy review which is

located in the "Member Reviews" section if you want to read it. After many ocean cruises I really LOVED this one.:D

Hi Lois,

I am very familiar with your review. I followed along as you were posting it and continue to use it as a reference point. It was very well done and inspired me to give river cruising a try.

Thanks!

Brian

Hi Lois,

I am very familiar with your review. I followed along as you were posting it and continue to use it as a reference point. It was very well done and inspired me to give river cruising a try.

Thanks!

Brian

Good morning:) glad I could help:)

Good morning, Brian...

Best regards,

--Mike

Sounds good Mike. Thank you.

• 1 month later...