Cost of taxi from Adelaide port to central city?

Hi does anyone know approximate cost of taking taxi from Adelaide port to the central city? Also, how long does the ride take please?:)

I wouldn't bother with a taxi unless you have a special reason. The train stops right at the port about 500 yards to the ship. It's only a few dollars, runs regularly and takes about an hour.

When we joined the Eden in Adelaide it was on a Sunday we just caught the train from the city to the port. It took about one hour and for seniors free for non concession holders it would have cost only a couple of bucks each why pay for a cab?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 years ago, it cost us around $60 for a taxi, from Adelaide CBD to Outer Harbour.

When we were there earlier this year on the Ovation for the day, I noticed from the buffet - breakfast then morning coffee as we watched the crowds disappear, that the trains were arriving at least every 30 minutes. It may have been increased because of the larger number of passengers onboard Ovation. Although when on the much smaller Volendam, I remember it was a great train service. But very squashy returning in the late afternoon as passengers we're making the most of their time in Adelaide as well as the locals going home.

Depending on what, where and when you want to do it, the train would be cheaper and possibly easier. Cab will range from $40- $70 and take approx. 1/2-3/4 hour depending on route and traffic. In my experience it would be the later price and time.

Train would easily be the cheapest option. Or even an uber. Taxi's are super expensive as it can take up to an hour from Outer Harbour into the city. Train is clean and runs frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for your suggestions.

I'm just not sure still as my travelling companion has slight mobility issues, and getting suitcases on/off trains, then probably having to get a taxi when we get to city to our apartment in Hindley Street may be too much for her.

I will give her the options and let her make the decision:)

I'm just not sure still as my travelling companion has slight mobility issues, and getting suitcases on/off trains, then probably having to get a taxi when we get to city to our apartment in Hindley Street may be too much for her.

If getting from the train station to Hindley street is going to be an issue due to the mobility issues, definitely get a taxi or uber.

As a person with mobility issues myself, I would recommend taking a taxi directly from Outer Harbour to Hindley Street. I personally stayed at the Miller Apartments previously, very nice. My only trouble was a poor sense of direction-there were several changes of direction to reach my room, and I did get confused at first. Travelling solo didn't help either.

Pardon my er-personal question, but does your friend have difficulty getting into and out of a vehicle. There is a company that specializes in transported the Disabled in Adelaide. If you would like, I can give you the details. I am able to still use a regular cab, not yet requiring a wheelchair or mobility scooter-which I probably wouldn't be allowed to drive due to Legal Blindness-and some of the drivers I've seen are very irresponsible when considering other road users and people needing to cross the road.

Hi, yes we are staying at Millar Apartments so great to hear you thought it was good:)

Getting in and out of vehicles won't be a problem for my friend it's more manouvering large suitcases and walking distances that I'm concerned about.

We are both excited about our upcoming trip and I want to make sure that we eliminate any potential difficulties:)

Both I and a number of my work colleagues have also used a private hire company called Adelaide T Bus

http://www.adelaidetransport.com.au/ to get to/from both Adelaide Airport and the Outer Harbor Cruise Terminal and have found them to be very competitive when compared with the cost of a taxi.

Yes the train is very convenient with a train leaving Outer Harbor Station every 30mins with a journey time of 40 mins to the City. https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/content/download/896/57863/file/Outer_Harbor_&_Grange_train_timetable_230214_ttable_routemap.pdf. The Adelaide Station only a 5 min walk from the Miller Apartments, but with suitcases especially if it is the morning peak, it may not be the most comfiest of rides and it will be an uphill walk to the apartments located in Hindley Street. Hope you have a great stay in our city.

Hi does anyone know approximate cost of taking taxi from Adelaide port to the central city?

Absolute $#!t loads. As an Adelaidain myself who used to live at North Haven (the suburb which Outer Harbor terminal is right next too) I can tell you that the cabs are going to cost you around $70 mark minimum, if you can get them. A lot of cabs don't go into the area if they don't have a fare which takes them into that area in the first place. I would hope that there's a few around for the ships, but don't count on it.

As an Uber driver myself I recently took a passenger from the CBD to Largs Bay, which the passenger paid approx $30 for. Distance between Largs Bay and Outer Harbor terminal is only another 3 or 4 kms at the most. That drive was a little over half an hour, so add another 5 minutes to get to Outer Harbor.

However the train is by far your best bet. You're at the end of the line when you get on so space on the train won't be a problem as you get on. Plenty of seats for you. http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au is your friend for timetables and costs.

My recommendations for transport options, in order of preference:

1) Friend or family pickup

2) Train

3) Uber if available

4) Walk it....

5) Taxi if available

Perhaps don't attempt to walk it though :D

2 years ago, it cost us around $60 for a taxi, from Adelaide CBD to Outer Harbour.

When we were there earlier this year on the Ovation for the day, I noticed from the buffet - breakfast then morning coffee as we watched the crowds disappear, that the trains were arriving at least every 30 minutes. It may have been increased because of the larger number of passengers onboard Ovation. Although when on the much smaller Volendam, I remember it was a great train service. But very squashy returning in the late afternoon as passengers we're making the most of their time in Adelaide as well as the locals going home.

If you are in port on a Sunday, the trains do not run as often but it is certainly a great way to go to the city. Just pick up a timetable on arrival at the city stop and you will be fine.

Absolute $#!t loads. As an Adelaidain myself who used to live at North Haven (the suburb which Outer Harbor terminal is right next too) I can tell you that the cabs are going to cost you around $70 mark minimum, if you can get them. A lot of cabs don't go into the area if they don't have a fare which takes them into that area in the first place. I would hope that there's a few around for the ships, but don't count on it.

As an Uber driver myself I recently took a passenger from the CBD to Largs Bay, which the passenger paid approx $30 for. Distance between Largs Bay and Outer Harbor terminal is only another 3 or 4 kms at the most. That drive was a little over half an hour, so add another 5 minutes to get to Outer Harbor.

However the train is by far your best bet. You're at the end of the line when you get on so space on the train won't be a problem as you get on. Plenty of seats for you. www.adelaidemetro.com.au is your friend for timetables and costs.

My recommendations for transport options, in order of preference:

1) Friend or family pickup

2) Train

3) Uber if available

4) Walk it....

5) Taxi if available

Perhaps don't attempt to walk it though :D

We are a family of 5 adults and arriving at the Outer Harbour on Norwegian Jewel on 20th December 2017. Ship is arriving at 7 a.m. We are wishing to hire a car to look around Adelaide and then go to Handorf for lunch. The ship sails at 7 p.m. Do we have to go to airport to hire a car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Judy

jmluke@bigpond.com

We are a family of 5 adults and arriving at the Outer Harbour on Norwegian Jewel on 20th December 2017. Ship is arriving at 7 a.m. We are wishing to hire a car to look around Adelaide and then go to Handorf for lunch. The ship sails at 7 p.m. Do we have to go to airport to hire a car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Judy

jmluke@bigpond.com

Hi Judy

Have sent you an email with more detailed info but all the companies I have contacted will not bring a car to Outer Harbour.

The nearest car hire place is Budget at Wingfield, 12 kms away, but would need a taxi or Uber to get there.