Fort Lauderdale for a day - 3 young chilren

spangnash

Our cruise will be ending in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, March 4th, 2018. Our flight doesn't leave FLL until 3:20pm. Does anyone have any great ideas of what we could do to pass the time with our 3 young children (ages 3,4, & 6)?

Post cruise excursions end around 1pm...maybe a bit earlier. I would look at a hotel room for the day....you could use the pool, and would have a place "to be"....tv, restroom, etc....

You are likely to be off the ship by 9:30 am, if not earlier...that's a long time "to kill"!

You could do a ship excursion which will then drop you off at the airport, or rent a car, and drive to holiday park for an airboat ride in the Everglades and tour of the alligator rescue there. It is not a long drive, from my recollection not more than an hour. Some of the cruiselines offer this (although I don't know if they go to holiday park or one of the other airboat rides in the area).

I vote for hotel for day. Possibly find one with free transportation to airport. I've done this a few times when I had long layovers. Beats spending the day in the airport,especially with 3 little ones. May find some good deals on the bidding sites

We did a ship's Everglades excursion one time when the kids were on the lower end of that range. We all had a blast, though I think the 6YO would enjoy it even more.

Here is the Carnival version: https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/ft-lauderdale-pt-evrglds/everglades-experience-w-fll-airport-transfer-119006

It says: "This excursion is designed for guests with flights after 3:00 PM from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport."

I vote for hotel for day. Possibly find one with free transportation to airport. I've done this a few times when I had long layovers. Beats spending the day in the airport,especially with 3 little ones. May find some good deals on the bidding sites

Only a couple hotels at Ft. Lauderdale offer day room options. To book a regular room, you'd have to book for the day before, let them know you're arriving the next day, and then get a late check out.

Name your own price on PL won't work for this.

• 4 months later...
Our cruise will be ending in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, March 4th, 2018. Our flight doesn't leave FLL until 3:20pm. Does anyone have any great ideas of what we could do to pass the time with our 3 young children (ages 3,4, & 6)?

I have a 3 yr old and like you our flight is out of FLL at 5:00 pm. I searched to find something to do to avoid being in the airport all day. I found a day hotel at Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale for $70. We are taking a shuttle from the port to the hotel and then will take the hotel shuttle to the airport. Now we will have a place to rest and the little one take a nap before our flight.

I have a 3 yr old and like you our flight is out of FLL at 5:00 pm. I searched to find something to do to avoid being in the airport all day. I found a day hotel at Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale for $70. We are taking a shuttle from the port to the hotel and then will take the hotel shuttle to the airport. Now we will have a place to rest and the little one take a nap before our flight.

I totally agree with this solution. It's a short trip from the ship and to the airport and the opportunity to take a nap and have a bite to eat after the hyper-activity of the disembarkation process. The Hampton Inn is also a great place to be if your flight is running late.