Honeymoon cruise help! Royal Caribean Jewel of the Seas or Norweigan

hooperinos

Hello,

Really hoping for some advice on an upcoming cruise.

For our honeymoon next year we are planning a week on the Amalfi coast followed by a cruise around the Greek islands. By timing and cost we’ve managed to narrow it down to two options:

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the seas

Norwegian Star

Both in owner’s suites (the size looks like Norwegian slightly bigger). We’d pay extra for the drinks package for Royal Caribbean and really want flexible dining options.

Does anyone have any pointers as to which is the best ship? The itineraries for us are very similar and the cost difference negligible.. we obviously want something super special and from looking at comparisons and reading every post I can find, I still feel stuck and would love some first hand advice! I’ve previously cruised twice on ocean Village and my future husband has done a Nile cruise so we’re still very new to cruises as a concept as well, but looking for something fairly relaxed, fun and obviously romantic..

Thank you!

This one is easy for me. I would pick Jewel of the Seas. I've haven't been on either ship, but I have been on their twin sisters. Star, because of my experience on her sister ship Dawn, is a ship I will never set foot on. The design is terrible, especially after a dry dock period where they eliminated the forward facing lounge and changed it to additional cabins.

RCI's Radiance Class (Jewel) is a beautiful class of ships that was built to maximize sea views. Plus, she has a glass covered adults only solarium pool.

NLC suite life is in a class by itself. Drink package included so you can't go wrong there. No set dining times so you are free to eat when you like. Very relaxed vibe on NCL. You might want to ask your question on EACH cruise board and see what answers are given.

Thanks very much all, have gone to some of the cruise specific boards for more info.

We are currently leaning towards NCL as the suit looks nicer with more perks...

However a friend who sailed on celebrity really loved that, and there's a celebrity cruise on one of their new ships where we could do a concierge class but not actual suite... For people who have gone on a lot of cruises do you think suite trumps a newer ship etc? Celebrity really appeals as it feels more luxury etc but the room wouldn't be as big and no butler, not sure if you think that's an issue?

Thank you

Thanks very much all, have gone to some of the cruise specific boards for more info.

However a friend who sailed on celebrity really loved that, and there's a celebrity cruise on one of their new ships where we could do a concierge class but not actual suite... For people who have gone on a lot of cruises do you think suite trumps a newer ship etc? Celebrity really appeals as it feels more luxury etc but the room wouldn't be as big and no butler, not sure if you think that's an issue?

Thank you

Have been in suites on RCI and Concierge class on Celebrity. Celebrity IMO is more upscale with less families and the staff service level is very good. Suites will provide a higher level of attention and more size and on board amenities - such as a dedicated lounge, etc. Not sure that newness of the ship means a better suite, but it may mean more venues and amenities.

If the size of a suite and what comes with is what you want for your cruise then the Concierge class - while very nice - won't equate to that. But if the choice was a suite with RCI, Celebrity, or NCL, my personal decision would be Celebrity first, RCI second, and NCL third.

100 percent agree with the above poster....plus I hope you are not foodies, as NCL probably (IMO) has the worst food of any cruise line I have been on. Good luck in what ever you decide....just think you should go on a better cruise line for your honeymoon.

Thank you

For what it's worth, I think paying for a nice suite on NCL is like paying for extra legroom on Spirit Airlines. ;)

I love Celebrity, especially their newer ships. I agree with the previous posters. I'd recommend Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, NCL.....in that order.