Best Itinerary Ever.....

Now that I have a couple of Carnival cruises behind me and one on Celebrity coming up soon, I think back fondly on my first cruise. I'm guessing that it was at New Years 1990/91. We flew from Toronto to Barbados, and then sailed on Epirotiki's Pegasus to Trinidad, Grenada, Venezuela, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and the Dominican Republic. All this in 7 days with time left for a day at sea before the DR. We did Bonaire and Curacao on the same day. If memory serves me correctly, we could have gone 14 days B2B and done the northern leg from the DR back to Barbados. I saw elsewhere on this board that Pegasus was a much storied and traded ship that has since been scrapped. I was in my early twenties on this cruise and naive enough to have no idea that this car ferry was the tub that it truly was. I couldn't believe the whining of some of the other guests, complaining about the food and lack of activities. Personally, I was busy enough on the islands (can't wait to get back to Grenada one day) and the food was gourmet to my young palate.

Does anyone else have any information on this part of Pegasus' history...perhaps the northern itinerary?

• 11 years later...

I also sailed on Pegasus 2 January 1990 . I did the 14 days from Dominican rep.

round trip . It was a great itinerary 12 islands in 14 days . I was just going through pictures of the trip but have very few of the ship . BB King was suppose to be on the cruise for the first week of the trip but had taken ill , so Ronny Hawkins was on instead . The cruise was advertised has a rock and roll cruise for the first week .

I do remember some people coming on board that were on a Carnival ship docked behind us in Granada and they said that there ship was like a retirement home compared to the Pegasus and wished they were on our ship .

I remember the food and service being great and free wine at dinner .

Never participate at this linevoyage but liked the schedule because many seadays!

CTC Lines - "Shota Rustaveli" (Ivan Franko class vessel)

4546572725_8c4a97c760_b.jpg

November 5, 1975,

departing Southampton to Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Ayres and from this port direct

15 days on ocean nonstop to Auckland, New Zealand via Cape Horne terminates in Sydney, Australia