Secret Sands - RCCL

Purple_Oasis

Hello fellow cruisers. Travelling on the Allure this November and have just a quick question about the St. Thomas stop. We did the Secret Sands excursion last go around and it was wonderful but sadly too short so we're thinking of heading there on our own this time. Reading this forum I've picked up it's called Lindquist in Smith Bay Park. My question is really about how difficult it is to get a taxi there and more importantly back to the ship. Never really been off ship on our own so I'm a bit nervous about not getting back Any and all advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

You have 2 options. Ask the taxi driver who brings you to return at a specific time and get the phone number. Give a reminder call about 1/2 hour before designated time.

Or, walk to the main road and stand at the bus stop. A TAXI will stop and ask where you want to go. Plenty of taxis passing almost every minute on that road.

Just don't lose track of time. You need to start heading back 1 1/2 hours before your all aboard time just in case traffic is busy. The ride is usually about 30 minutes, but things happen.

You have 2 options. Ask the taxi driver who brings you to return at a specific time and get the phone number. Give a reminder call about 1/2 hour before designated time.

Or, walk to the main road and stand at the bus stop. A TAXI will stop and ask where you want to go. Plenty of taxis passing almost every minute on that road.

Just don't lose track of time. You need to start heading back 1 1/2 hours before your all aboard time just in case traffic is busy. The ride is usually about 30 minutes, but things happen.

We aren't very adventurous so getting stuck is our biggest fear. Thanks for laying out the options so clearly for me. There are 4 cruise ships in port of this day so the traffic will no doubt be crazy.

The taxi drivers sweep through all the popular beaches and remind them that they should be returning to the ship. They get paid for transporting people so they do everything they can to get you back to the ship so they can get paid.