Port Question!

Mooses96

We're going to Key West and Cozumel and plan on buying souvenirs. Do they take American currency or how do I get the currency needed for the port? We don't use credit cards, so that not an option. Thanks in advance!

We're going to Key West and Cozumel and plan on buying souvenirs. Do they take American currency or how do I get the currency needed for the port? We don't use credit cards, so that not an option. Thanks in advance!

I was going to make a funny/snide remark about the fact that Key West is in Florida so of course they take US currency, but then I remembered that I was so worried about needing to renew passports for my kids before leaving for Alaska in case we needed to fly home from a port until my husband not so gently pointed out to me that Alaska is part of the US... :o

So you know, glass houses and all... :')

Yes, as others said key west is in Florida, so no issues. Cozumel, as does most of the Caribbean, will happily accept US dollars, just be aware they may not be able to give change so I like to bring small bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I definitely forgot KW was in the US. Whoops! Guess I'm just over thinking about how excited I am that I'm not really thinking at all! LOL

It wasn't always! Take the trolley tour and learn about when they declared independence from the US. Great story, thus the name "The Conch Republic". They even have their own passports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn't always! Take the trolley tour and learn about when they declared independence from the US. Great story, thus the name "The Conch Republic". They even have their own passports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the Conch Republic has its own flag. Check it out here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Conchrepublic.svg

I definitely forgot KW was in the US. Whoops! Guess I'm just over thinking about how excited I am that I'm not really thinking at all! LOL

:* No Problem ... Seems your mind was already on vacation! :D

This sort of thing happens to all of us at times. :rolleyes: